cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about moving to "Go-Live" phase

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am a littel confused by what I am looking at.

I have set the status of my project to "Go-Live" in the SDMN document, and corrected all of the warnings that are issued.

So then I went to my task list & unlocked production.

Then I ran the Check Transports; in here there is the project change status - which seems to list all of the transports related to my project and then the system change status which lists a few other transports.

I am confused what the additional transports listed in the system change status are - I definately do not want to transport those with this project.

I guess that the next step is to schedule the "Import transport request (Background)" ?? Is that correct?

Will it only import the transports related to this project? not those listed in the system change status??

I am obviously concerned to only import the correct transports and not make a mess of my production system.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marina,

1. I guess that the next step is to schedule the "Import transport request (Background)" ?? Is that correct?

Answer is : Yes. It s a project import though - not a single transport request import

2. Will it only import the transports related to this project? not those listed in the system change status??

Answer is : The Import that will occur is a CTS Project Import. As long as those Transport Requests were not assigned to your CTS Project (the one created starting from Solman Project); they won't be moved when you launch import.

PS: there are 2 ways for including a TR in a CTS Project (which ll result in beeing transported when launching import from schedule manager of Solman)

a - create a Transport Request with ChaRM (either from SDMJ/HF or tasklist because in all those cases; CTS Project is know)

b - changing attribute CTS Project of a modifiable (meaning not released) Transport Request directly in DEV Satellite System in SE01/SE10. In this case link will not be done at creation in opposition with method a

3. I am obviously concerned to only import the correct transports and not make a mess of my production system.

Please make sure that those Transport Requests that you see in your list are not assigned to same CTS Project before importing. Then everything will be fine

Hope this helps !

Regards

Khalil

Edited by: Khalil SERRHINI on Aug 18, 2010 3:27 PM