SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget not updated by CO Actuals

Former Member
0 Kudos

After a successful implementation of FM we transfered the CO plan to FM using transaction FMCYCOPI_CO. AVC is used to check PRs and POs. The problem is that the Consumed budget column on transaction FMRP_RW_BUDCON is only updated by purchasing documents (PRs and POs) but not by other postings which should actually consume the budget (e.g. transaction fbcj). This means that cost centers might actually exceed their budget but still be able to purchase items.

Please what can I do to ensure that the plan in transaction (s_alr_87013611) corresponds to the consumed buget report on transaction FMRP_RW_BUDCON (except for the fact that posted purchasing documents consume the budget).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This report is supposed to show overall consumption, so if you suspect that certain documents are not presented there, you should investigate why. Keep in mind, that if you have PO which is consumed afterwards by G/R (or I/R), the total consumed budget won't change, as you increase the actual consumption, but in the same time diminish the commitment made by PO.

What SAP release are you in?

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This report is supposed to show overall consumption, so if you suspect that certain documents are not presented there, you should investigate why. Keep in mind, that if you have PO which is consumed afterwards by G/R (or I/R), the total consumed budget won't change, as you increase the actual consumption, but in the same time diminish the commitment made by PO.

What SAP release are you in?

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using SAP 700.

I know the consumed budget will not change for a GR that is done with reference to a PO. The problem is that some cost centers purchase items using TCode FBCJ (petty cash) and a cost center + cost element (also funds center + commitment item) is entered while carrying out this transaction. However, this particular transaction does not reflect on the budget usage report (TCode FMRP_RW_BUDCON).

How make this transaction reflect on the budget usage report?

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP 700 - it's basis component. But what is your general ERP release? Is it 6.04?

Anyway, as I said, the report should show these documents as well. Please, check if your document has created FM entry at all (either by checking the associated documents or going directly to FMIFIIT table) and if yes, verify the FM address of this posting. Also, try running FMAVCREINIT transaction and see if it brings change to the report output.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's 6.0.

I've checked the table and there's an update when a posting is made with TCode FBCJ. FI, CO and FM documents are created. However, the FM document does not consume the payment budget as the PRs and POs do this is viewed with TCode FMRP_RW_BUDCON.

This means that if someone purchases something using petti-cash, his/her budget remains the same and is only consumed when purchasing is done with PR/PO.

But there's an update in the CO plan (actuals) which can be viewed using TCode s_alr_87013611.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it does not appear in the report, does not mean specifically that the budget is not consumed. Please, tell me what are the following values of this FM document:

a) statistical indicator

b) value type

c) ledger

d) budget address: fund centre, commitment item, fund, etc.

You can check it in FMIFIIT table or via FMRP_RFFMEP1AX report.

Did you run FMAVCREINIT transaction?

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a million for all the help Eli.

Here are the answers to your questions:

a) statistical indicator - Real (Budget Relevant)

b) value type - Profit transfer postings

c) ledger - Payment Budget

d) budget address: fund centre, commitment item, fund, etc.

Fund Center - 1001 (assigned to Cost Center 1001 in my company)

Commitment item - XXXX(Assigned to a GL account and Cost element)

We don't use funds in my company

These are the same values for FM documents created by a PR or PO just that the value type reads 'Purchase Requisitions' or 'Purchase Order'. But PR/PO creation have an immediate effect on the budget (which is seen from budget usage report).

Now we want postings created with FBCJ (petti-cash postings) to consume the budget. This transaction creates a Controlling document which increases the Actuals of Cost Center 1001 and Cost Element XXXX but the FM document created looks more like the FI document.

Is it possible?

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the info: it's helpful. Please, run FMAVCR01 report on PB ledger for the relevant address and see if the amount in question is summarized in consumed budget. Also, please tell me what's the FI transaction and category of the XXXX commitment item (you can see it via FMCIA transaction).

Also, please inform me if you run FMAVCREINIT transaction. You should anyway...

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ran the report FMAVCREINIT.

The postings are now reflecting on the budget.

THANKS A MILLION ELI. Wish I could buy you a gift.