cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic startup of SAP Netweaver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have installed SAP Netweaver CE 7.1 EHP1 with MII 12.1 on a Windows Server 2003 machine. At the moment I have to use the SAP Management Console to start the Netweaver after a reboot.

What I want to do now is to start Netweaver automatically after a reboot. In the Internet I found that SAP can be automatically started with start profiles and that the start profile will be created during installation in the directory usersapSYSProfile and the filename starts with START_. If I look to my installation no START_ files exists.

If I create the file e.g. START_J00_abfsap01 and include the parameter "Autostart = 1" in the file it has no effect. The system is not started automatically.

What did I wrong. Can anybody help me please?

Thank's

Günter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you cannot create a file like this. it will not work.

your instance is a JAVA instance only. Autostart parameter won't work.

I recommended that you use SBK's solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

check your winodws services for autormatic start too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the windows services are switched to automatic and started

Günter

Former Member
0 Kudos

the windows services are switched to automatic and started

you mean to say you still have problem?

If you have added "Autostart" prameter as the last line of the start profile, it may not work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I still have the problem and after Autostart there is a blank line

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope you have typed exactly "Autostart" It is case sensitive!

If already yes, then any errors reported on your developer trace files dev_* ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manjo,

I typed "Autostart = 1".

I'll check the trace files later on, because I'm busy with the NetWeaver installation at the moment. I'll inform you when I have checked the trace files.

Thank's

Günter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest you to write a script to start sap and schedule this script in Windows Scheduler to run once the system boots.

Here's the sample script:

D:\usr\sap\EC6\SYS\exe\uc\NTI386\startsap name=<SID> nr=<instance number> SAPDIAHOST=<hostname> pf=<path to ur instance profile>

If you have CI and SCS, then you have to create respective entries in the scripts. Ensure to start your SCS before CI starts.

Regards,

SBK