cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat Idoc to Idoc XML conversion error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using PI 7.1 EHP1, Where in we would like to see the capabilty of User-Module for Conversion of IDoc Messages Between Flat and XML Formats. Gone thru the below blog and maintained the necessary NWA configurations:

While testing phase, The file is not been picked by the Sender File Adapter and the below error is been displayed in RWB:

"MP: exception caught with cause com.sap.conn.idoc.IDocParseException: (7) IDOC_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE: Invalid character encountered in XML input data source: state=INITIAL, charPosition=0, lineNumber=1, columnNumber=1, invalidChar=U+0045, sourceSnippet=...EDI_DC40 510000000002889077846C 3012 SHPMNT05 ZSHPMNT9 S... ^"

Any Clues?

Thnx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We encountered the same problem just explain in by Ramani Thota.

Anyone solved this?

Thank you very much!!

Marcello Ricci

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramani ,

I am also getting the same error String Index out of bounds.. can you let me know how you have solved this problem.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramani,

Would you please let us know the solution you applied to get over the java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1 error?

Thanks,

Diptee

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems that you use the module for XML -> flat.

Could you check this?

vkaushik82
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramani,

it seems its a data problem, check once file you have placed.

I hope you have placed correct flat file in as source.

If you see similar error problem written below of blog i hope you are not using same data mentioned in blog.

Regards,

Vikrant

Edited by: Vikrant Kaushik on Aug 18, 2010 2:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

Im not using the same file posted by bill :)... Using a custom Flat file Idoc ..

Thnx

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Im not using the same file posted by bill :)... Using a custom Flat file Idoc ..

Bill uses an XML as source. When you use a flat file and want to create an XMl, you have to use the other module.

vkaushik82
Active Participant
0 Kudos

your are converting Flat to XML rite.

you need to make some changes as bill is showing XML to flat in example.

Did you configured as part 2 of blog where it shown flat to XML

Edited by: Vikrant Kaushik on Aug 18, 2010 2:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the quick reply, changed the User module to Flat file module "SAP_XI_IDOC/IDOCFlatToXmlConvertor"

But now getting the below error:

MP: exception caught with message Mandatory parameters are not set for Idoc Receiver Module

Thanx

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> MP: exception caught with message Mandatory parameters are not set for Idoc Receiver Module

I think this is self-explaining.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

You are right i have maintained the mandatory parameters (SAPRelease, SourceJRA, TargetDestination) within the sender File adapter module key parameters.

Now getting another error within Comm Channel Monitoring:

MP: exception caught with cause java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1

Any Clues?

Thnx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thota,

It seems there are some invalid characters in the file. Can you please check that once. Since you said you got this error in testing do you mean you are testing in QA, if yes then you may need to do the configuration as mentioned by Bill in QA system also.

Regards,

---Satish