cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move of CI/DB from one host to the other

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to migrate my CI/DB instance(SCM4.1) from one hardware to other(host A to host B). The CI/DB host is on AS400. I have a dialog instance too, installed on windows. This windows box also hosts the LiveCache Server and the database. We are using the dialog instance to communicate with the LiveCache as there is no client software for AS400 to interact with LiveCache.

My concern is, after I move my CI/DB from host A to host B, do I need to:

1)uninstall the Dialog instance from windows

2)reinstall the Dialog instance again...

OR I just transfer the Startup and instance profiles for the dialog instance from Host A to Host B, change the following in the profiles of the dialog instance:

SAPGLOBALHOST

DIR_PROFILE

DIR_TRANS

dbs/db4/ntlogonfile

and anything else which refers to host A and change it to host B.

Import the profile in RZ10 and restart the SAP systems...

Will the second approach work???

what are the other changes, if any I have to do???

Thanks

Abhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhi,

The /usr/sap/<sid>/SYS/profile is the central profile directory where all the CI and dialog profiles reside.The dialog start & instance profiles look like START_D00_<dialog instance_hostname> & <SID>_D00_<dialog instance_hostname>. Please make sure that names of these profiles are correct.

Please tell me whether you can you start the dialog instance?

We don't need to activate these profiles manually. Using rz10>Utilities>Import profiles-->of active serevrs, you can make sure that profile versions are consistent in both database and file system level.

Thanks,

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

do not forget to change the Windows Service definition of the SAP<SID>_## service. This one contains as parameter the path to the start profile. If CI hostname changes it has to be changed too.

to view the configuration:

<b>

sc qc SAP<SID>_xx</b>

to change the configuration (use cut & paste from view)

<b>sc config SAP<SID>_xx binPath= "<sapstartsrv.exepath> <pf=pathtostartprofile>"</b>

do not forget to enclose the binPath parameter with double quotes (because the parameter contains blanks).

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Thanks a lot. This could have given me a hard time.

Thanks a lot

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhi,

Generally, reinstalling the dialog instance is the recommended method.

1 method:

You don't need to unistall the dialog instance. Just reinstall the dialog instance on existing one, it will override the existing one.

But to maintain the previous configuration, you need to take the backup of the dialong instance profile. Once you done the reinstall, copy the old dialog instance profile and replace the CI/DB old 'hostname' occurences with CI/DB new 'hostname'. So that you can maintain the previous configuration intact.

2 method:

You can adjust the parameters without reinstalling.Change the CI/DB old hostname occurences with the CI/DB new hostname in the dialog instant profile parameters like SAPGLOBALHOST and dbs/db4/ntlogonfile. You don't need to change any standard parameters like DIR_PROFILE, and DIR_TRANS.

SAPCPE program will sync the kernel 'run' directory files with CIDB kernel files automatically.

Thanks,

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

I have a question,

How do I get(import) the startup and instance profile of the dialog instances in RZ10??

I copied the startup and instance profiles for the Dialog instance from the OLD CI/DB host and placed them in /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/Profile directory.

Now when I go to RZ10> Utilities>Import profiles-->of active serevrs, these do not get imported.

How do I imprt them to make active?

OR do i do not need to make them active..just startup the CI and it will read all the profiles??

what am I missing?

Thanks

Abhi