cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC driver: SAPClassNotFoundException

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to write to a AS400/DB2 file and get the following error message in the communication channel monitor:

Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:as400://111.22.33.44' using the JDBC driver 'com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:as400://111.22.33.44': SAPClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver'

My basis collegues tells me that is the class to use and that it is present.

Anyone has any ideas? ANY help appreciated!

I will sneak in another question here to... anyone know of any document compiling what ports (type of ports) to be used where in PI 7.0?

Thanks

Nam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the JDBC Adapter connection parameters.

And check the jdbc driver installation also.

Have a look into this-

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3867a582-0401-0010-6cbf-964...

Hope this helps,

regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for the quick reply Moorthy!

I am running PI 7.0, (nw2004s) so alledegly no extra install is supposed to be necessary for the JDBC driver. Is this perhaps wrong?

Thanks

Nam

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

<i> am running PI 7.0, (nw2004s) so alledegly no extra install is supposed to be necessary for the JDBC driver. Is this perhaps wrong</i>

>>>Is it ? I am not aware of this

Did you check connection string etc in the JDBC Adapter configurations. I think there is a problem with somewhere jdbc configuration.

Did you go thru this thread-

Regards,

Moorthy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nam,

I am having same problem( No difference) in error message.

Are you able to resolve this issue or do you still have same problem. I followed same procedure as explained in this thread but no luck.

Any suggestions are appreciated...

Thanks

Reddi

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

ASFAIK, irrespective of which XI version / SP you are on , to access any external database, the corresponding driver needs to be installed on your XI server.

Just looked up the JDBC PI FAQ note and the first question in the note 831162 also mentions that the driver needs to be insalled.

Regards,

Bhavesh