Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to acces HU6( SAP PI 7.1) Integration Builder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am newbie on ES Workplace system(s).

I changed password as said for all systems HU2(ECC),HU4(CRM),HU5(SRM),HU6 (PI),HU8(SCM)

and all work fine except HU6,

I can browse the SLD, but cant acces the integration Builder, it fails with the following errors.

======================================================================================================

com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.ReconnectRuntimeException: Unable to connect to server P4://pi.esworkplace.sap.com:50004. Check server availability..........

======================================================================================================

Any idea?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nelvadas,

Did you try the suggestions in the thread below?

[;

Or it might be that the server is temporarily unavailable.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Trevor Naidoo,

I read most of that thread and found no solution concerning that problem,

Is there a special config to do before running HU6 / handbook?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Okay, I missed the part about trying to access the integration builder on the PI system. Can you access ESR & not Integration Directory? or both?

If it's ID then I think that access to the PI configuration is denied intentionally. Why do you need access to the PI config when evaluating Enterprise Services in ES Workplace?

Imagine if everyone had access to that, what a mess that would end up being

Alternatively try adding a host entry as stipulated below to see if that makes a difference:

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/explore-es?rid=/webcontent/uuid/49e5ebd6-0d01-0010-86bd-e86cfe03c9a2] [original link is broken];

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

I have the same errors.

I can't acces both Enterprise Service Repository and Integration Directory.

I would like to design some integration scenario and test them in HU6 using HU2,HU4 etc..

so it is not done for that issue?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The other SDN'ers can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you're going to get that working using this facility.

The main reason for making these systems available in the ES Workplace is to allow the SAP ecosystem to evaluate SAP Enterprise Services. In fact, the more I think about it, it makes a lot of sense if access to the whole integration builder is restricted in this environment. This would also mean that people can't add any new Service Interfaces at will.

So you evaluate the services that SAP delivers out of the box & decide whether they can potentially work for you before you adopt them. Adopting them could possibly also mean an upgrade depending on what release the services were made available. The otehr reason for making these backend systems available is to speed up adoption of SAP Enterprise Services and SOA. So the customer doesn't need to go through a lengthy exercise of an SAP installation or upgrade before knowing whether a service could work for them.

Regards, Trevor

Answers (0)