cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Update of Broadcast settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've written a Mass Update of Broadcast settings based on queries with up to 2 input parameters. It utilises the cl_rsrd_utilities and other cl_rsrd* classes.

It does the following:-

1. loads a user supplied file to a custom settings table, containing settings and broadcast requirements

2. Checks the input data, validates against existing settings and creates new, or modifies existing settings

It needs developing in the following areas:-

1. Validating a mix of SMTP email addresses and email recipient definitions based on user name

2. Conversion of the variable strings to xml and back to string for updating rsrd_sett_node_a using the deep structure cl_rsr_parameter.

3. Check the settings for consistency within the context of the system.

4. Generate distribution definitions based on existing profiles.

If anybody would like to collaborate on this development I'll share anything I've done so far and we can publish jointly

Regards

Neville

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Neville,

I been working on the similar utility. I have difficulties with item #2 - "Conversion of the variable strings to xml and back to string for updating rsrd_sett_node_a using the deep structure cl_rsr_parameter". Curious to see if you were able to make any progress there. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm so impressed with the response to this that I'm marking it as answered myself.