cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Res./purc.req.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When material is assigned to activity in CRTD status, Res./purc.req field on proc. parameter tab of component is set to 'Immediately' as per the customisation. But when activity status is set to REL. this field changes to 'Never'. Can you please let me know what could be the reason behind this?

Other details maintained : tem category is N, Acct. assign.cat N, Consumption V, Movement type -281.

Thanks,

Kalpesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

set it as "2" and make this field as display only.

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

check user status: OK02, this might be the reason.

check network profile: Reservation Relevance/Generation of Purchase Requisition

regards,

ahs

Former Member
0 Kudos

In n/w profile this indicator is set to '2' (From release) but while assigning material user manually sets it to 3 so that PR/Reservation is created immediately after assigning. But when activity is released it is set to '1' (Never).

Regards,

Kalpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I simulated your scenario, but for me it remains in "immediately" only even after releasing activity. What is your system release?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kuldeep,

We do have setting in our status profile which forbids generating PR while activity has certain user status.

Ahmed,

Even I simulated scenario in my Pre-prod system. When material is assigned to an activity in CRTD status and if I change Res./Purc. req. filed from '2' (Release), which is bydefault from network profile, to '3' (Immediately), it throws error message as expected and reset it to '2'. After assigning material, if I release activity this field is set to '3' (immediately). Not sure how it is set to '1' (Neve) for user in Production system.

My system release is 4.6C.

Thanks,

Kalpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Further to above, this issue is not reported earlier, if I look at previously assigned materials. This is faced recently for few of the networks.

Regards,

Kalpesh

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be you should check the support package level of your production server and pre-production. Recently, your Basis might have updated the support package level, just check and compare. Also, search for OSS notes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, will check and revert if any further help is needed with this.

Regards,

Kalpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could replicate this issue in my system. When activity is in CRTD status, if you assign material (on component overview screen) with requirement qty 0 (other details are filled up i.e. Plant, Item category, base unit), it will change Res./Purc/ Req. indicator from 2 (From release) to 1(Never). Activity can't be released until requirement qty is filled up and hence PR can not be generated. This is expected behaviour of SAP.

Second example :

Activity in CRTD status, material is assigned to activity with fields Plant, Item category and Base unit maintained and Requirement qty field not maintained. Now, go to detailed screen of material, maintain qty and other data under tab Purchasing data and then enter. If you go to component overview screen now, Res./ Purch. Req. is set from '2' to '1'.

Any idea, why in second scenario this field changes from '2' to '1'?

Thanks,

Kalpesh

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In both scenario by putting 0 (case 1 ) or blank (case 2 ) in Requirement qty field. So indirectly system understand that quantity is not specified and for to create Pr quantity is requried. So, some standard validation takes precedence and Res./ Purch. Req. is set from '2' to '1'.

I thknk you have already answered the same.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Case 1 is understood that Res./Purc. Req. is set from '2' to '1'.

But in case 2, don't maintain req. qty in component overview screen, go detail screen of material and maintain the same. Still it changes field from '2' to '1'.

Regards,

Kalpesh

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using any userstatus than check it's fobid business txn. also check with REL status systme is seegin ay other user status.

With Regards

Nitin P.