Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with long texts in non-unicode system

CarstenKasper
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am running into some problems with Adobe Print Forms on our non-unicode system.

Our development landscape is as follows:

Development -> Unicode for SAP and ADS

Quality -> Unicode for SAP and ADS

Production -> this is where the problem occurs: We got two systems (do not ask why...) One SAP system is unicode, the other is not. The ADS should be unicode both times, but I am not sure for the one with the non-unicode SAP system.

Now I developed multiple Adobe Print Forms and they are working quite well throughout this landscape except for the non-unicode production system. Here the Form literally dumps when a certain sequence of characters is contained in a long text that is displayed on the form.

The sequence in question is: #0AC

I was surprised to see that this sequence translates to different values in hexadecimal representation. It appears as either '02304143' when read from the database or '23304143' when I enter it manually in the debugger.

This leads me to the conclusion that the first character that is represented as '#' is the problem. It is propably an escape symbol for the EURO sign.

The Adobe Form quits with an error 2 - System Error.

I generated the form with all error traces on, but could not find any helpful information in there.

Anybody and ideas, pointers, solutions? I would be really glad.

cheers Carsten

PS: Yes this system will be migrated to unicode in some months.

Edited by: Carsten Kasper on Aug 18, 2010 9:05 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

CarstenKasper
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Meanwhile I wrote a method to check for unicode and substitute the certain non-unicode characters if necessary. Anyway I would be more happy with a real solution to this.

Anybody any ideas?

cheers Carsten