cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change input history path in sap gui 720

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi together,

I want to change the input history path in sap gui 720 (SAP GUI options). The path field is not active; I get

the information that the path can not be changed. (..although the online docu tells me that this should be possible)

Thanks for any help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your history disabled or just the path not showing ?

The history path registry key is located under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\SAPGUI Front\SAP Frontend Server\LocalData\DataPath

The "DataPath" is usually set to C:\Documents and Settings\<User>\Application Data\SAP\SAP GUI\History

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nelis,

I can see the standard path in the SAP-GUI-options but I can not change it.

Best regards

Gerd

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, that sounds more like a permissions problem. Take a look at the folder location I mentioned and make sure you have full access permissions to it.

Otherwise, try changing the registry option.

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nelis,

There is no authorization problem - the problem does only occur with SAP GUI 720.

How do I change the registry option?

Thanks in advance

Gerd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerd,

Are you able to change any othere GUI settings? if no then probably you need check/change parameter following in saplogon.ini

[Configuration]

NoEditFunctionality=0

Regards,

Alankar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member283923
Discoverer
0 Kudos

We're using Citrix to access SAPGUI 720. Users are complaining that their history is not showing from one Citrix server to the other. I'd like to store history on a network share, not on each Citrix server's C:\ drive. Has anyone done this? We're testing now and have changed the path for input history under Local Data folder to a network share that the users have access to. But the history is not coming in. It's still going to local Citrix server directory. Is there another setting we need to change? Maybe a registry key that would take priority over other settings?