Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New requirement at sales order level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

There is a scenario where Sales has a new product to sell that they call

SignDirector which is Software.

At the start of this new product, there will be only part number but it should expand to other part numbers. They want to keep the inventory at zero all the time. The request from them is "Can notifications be sent when an order is

placed on a specific P/N that is currently out of stock which will trigger Sales to complete an open order for the Software".

How can we proceed for the same.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manish, you might want to proceed by reading documentation and doing some research yourself. Since you're new in the forum, I'll give you some pointers, but in general you'll get better response on SDN if you at least try doing something yourself and then ask more specific questions. E.g. "I tried ABC but it didn't work because XYZ" would get more and better quality replies than "How do I do the same".

My guess is that no inventory requirement is because it's a software. Most likely it will be just distributed electronically, hence the notification requirement. The parts that "expand to other parts" is a classic BOM scenario or could also be cross-selling - read the documentation on that.

The notification may be achieved by creating a new output type, which would send an email notification if certain material # is present in the order (output requirement). Output with email has been discussed many times in the forum, please use Search.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.