cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Originals not overwriting

ross_goodman
Participant
0 Kudos

We have to import transports from our system to another system. To do this we took the data and cofiles from our system and placed them in the directories on the target system. added them to the import queue and tried to import.

This was imitially done succesfully several moths ago for the first time.

Now the changes that we have in the newly relocated transports will not import due to "cannot overwrite originals " error, is this simply fiixable by setting the overwrtite originals option in the import settings? Or is something more sinister afoot?

Ross

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I presume you haven't played with unconditional modes before

Basically those settings instruct TP to use a U code,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3d/ad5b814ebc11d182bf0000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

To answer your question, yes it should fix the problem (just make sure you know its ok to overwrite those objects)

Regards

Juan

ross_goodman
Participant
0 Kudos

So far so good, we now have originals overwriting.

Second problem. This is a huge transport made up from lots of other transports.

We now have a syntax error that is now stopping the import.

How do we get past the syntax error such that the other 99% of the content from the huge gets imported allowing us to bring the other code through after it is fixed and placed in its own transport?

I am not abasis consultant so I have not played wih any of this stuff before, especially not where as I say large numbers of transports have been combined.

cheers,

Ross

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We now have a syntax error that is now stopping the import.

If you lucky maybe someone who is clairvoyant will be able to answer you but without the actual error most of us will not be able to help

Nelis

ross_goodman
Participant
0 Kudos

<removed_by_moderator>

Please read the "Rules of Engagement"

Answer is

1] fix the syntax error in the originals system

2] In the transport that is created for this include also

the objects from the HUGE transport that is failing in the foreign target system.

3] Export the data and cofiles from source system

4] Import the data and cofile to the new system and add and import them as per usual.

It is not possible to extract only the piece that has the syntax error in the failing transport. You have instead to fix the

issue in the originals system and come up with a replacement clean transport.

Juan, thanks for your help at the start got us a lot further forward.

Edited by: Juan Reyes on Aug 19, 2010 10:13 AM

Answers (0)