Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Inspection Characters

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts:

I understand CT04 and QS24 for master chars. TX codes.

If I wanted to search for a MIC by material number these TX codes do not allow. How can a MIC be searched for by Material number???

Floyd

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As already mentioned the MIC is assigned to an inspection plan and the material number is assigned against an inspection plan.

The only way to see what MICs are linked to a material is once the inspection plan is assigned against an inspection lot. You can use transaction QE72 or QE73 to view what MICs are currently linked to a material for an open inspection lot.

Regards,

Roderick

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks

I understand the use of QS26, and the MICs and Insp. plan association.

If I wanted to search for a MIC by material TYPE

ROH or FERT or HALB can I do this??? I see no obvious way to do it.

Floyd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What is the requirement?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MIC's are not unique to materials. They can be used in any inspection plan and the plans can have many materials assigned to them.

Is it possible in your implementation you created unique MIC's for each material? This is not necessary and would cause a huge amount of unnecessary work.

So like most of the others here I'm a little confused as far as exactly what you are trying to accomplish.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

what do you mean by search by Material? I did not understand the requirement and what you are trying to do. MIC's are used in the inspection plan and materials are assigned to an inspection plan.

QS26 will give you where used list of the MIC's - here you will get the info like group, group counter etc. Based on this info, look at the inspection plan tables and get the Material no.

Thanks,

Ram