cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO Upgrade and the Interface with ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

As a part of the APO upgrade we are planning to bring down APO Server. How should I handle the CIF interace?

1. DeActivate all Active Integration Model.

2. I checked the transaction CFC1 in ECC and the queue category is set as Inbound for the APO target system. So, I should lock the inbound queues in APO by scheduling the report RSTRFCI1. But these also another report very similar to RSTRFCI1 which is RSTRFCQ1. Which is the one to use? Should I schedule this report in APO or in ECC?

3. Next after APO is brought back up, we need to unlock the inbound queues in APO by scheduling the report RSTRFCI3. In which system, APO or ECC should I schedule this?

4. Activate the IM model.

Pl. let me know if the above plan looks valid.

Thanks

Ryan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Once you deactive integration models, you will not have any data exchange between ECC to APO system. But still to make sure you can execute the reports which are mentioned above.

Once you bring back the system, please active the intergration models and active again the Ques.

You can also goto SMQR and change the status of scheduler , which will also stop the scheduler job which will try to send the Ques across the system. You have this job running in both APO as well as ECC system.

Once you bring back your system, again change the scheduler status correctly.

I hope this info will help you

Amol

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

wilian_segatto
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan!

I was going to say the same thing...

- Deactivate your Integration Models

- Shut down your Scheduler. This will keep the queues in status READY.

- To make sure everything is in place, I would recommend you to run RIMODINI for your objects (run it in background).

- To double check everything, run /SAPAPO/CCR to make sure there are no differences in the systems.

Hope this helps!

Will