SRM 7.0 Approval Workflow: Workitem is sent back to requestor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SRM 7.0 SP05

Workflow - Process controlled workflow

Problem:

step 1- Requestor orders a SC and it is set in approval workflow

Step 2- Before any approver reacts on the workitem, the requestor changes (& orders) the SC again

Step 3 - Existing approval flow is terminated by the workflow engine and a revised document is sent to the 'Requestor's' own UWL instead of sending the work-item directly to the newly determined approvers

Step 4 - As a result, the reqeustor has to access the workitem in his own UWL and then order the SC again in order to set it in the approval process

This (Step 3) is strange but seems to be the standard behaviour. Can anyone help to configure the workflow in such a way that the work-item is not sent back to requestor if he himself changes the SC?

FYI- I tried setting up the parameter BBP_WFL_SECURITY for the requstor as 'HIGH' (Worflow is never restarted when the changes are made) , but doesnt seeem to impact the behavoiur explained above.

Any help on this would be highly appreciated !

Thanks & Regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have any configuration under "Acceptance by Contact Person" folder of your Process Schema?? If so what is the Task ID your using.. It should be u201C40007994"..

Also I don't think this is the standard behavior..

Thanks!!

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The work item will go to UWL of requestor if the Creator or Requestor pulls the Cart back from workflow (using POWL) and edits the cart, but the cart is not submitted after making the changes. It is still in Saved Status.

If you do not want the work item to go to UWL, do not maintain the Acceptance by Contact Person Configuration in Process Controlled Workflow.

Security controls (on the lines of SRM5.0) have no impact on anything in Process Controlled workflow

Virender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys,

Your reply was helpful. I could resolve the issue by applying the solution recommended by Bharat. Points are assinged to both of you.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Amit

Answers (0)