cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link evaluations and alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are creating new evaluations for projects and we want to have an automatically email service for them. We thought that the best way to do that is using alerts. But, after linking the evaluation with the new category of alert, we are not getting any emails.

Does any one know if there is something missing? is there any specific way to link evaluations and alerts?

Thanks a lot,

CAMILO URIBE

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem Solved.

All users were configurated with Communication Method "E-mail" in SU01.

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi CAMILO,

I guess you want the eMails to be delivered to outlook or lotus notes etc. Right?

To my knowledge you need to make some general settings to enable the SAP system to communicate with the mail server. Have you done this already?

I am not a basis expert. Just had a quick look at notes. 455140 seems promising. I would take this note as a start and run through it with the basis team responsible for the system administration.

Best regards

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

You are Right, we want to get emails in lotus notes and for my understanding all the general settings are done because our workflows are working without problem using the mail server.

I do not know if we have to do any special configuration for alerts diferent to workflows.

Thanks,

CAMILO URIBE

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi CAMILO,

as far as I recall you need to link the threshold value with the alert. The eMail should be send to the person responsible. I think the eMail address is taken from the business partner.

Have you checked transaction SCOT for any eMails to be sent, but still stuck in the system

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

I did all the steps that you have described. What i am seeing in transaction SCOT is that mails are being stuck with error. In transaction SOST, erros are related with SEND METHOD due to all send request have as SEND METHOD "Via Remote SAP".

Do you know if we have to configure this Send Method somewhere in alert?

Thanks a lot,

CAMILO URIBE