cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution plant showing as production plant in APO

former_member214648
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi I'm an MM consultant not an APO consultant. I created a plant in SAP R/3 and it is showing in APO as a production plant rather than a distribution plant (which in fact it is) can anyone give me some clues as to what determines what plant type gets created in APO?

Is there config in APO that determines this or is there config in R/3. I do know this is a broad question and there are probably many parameters that would determine this but I looking for some sort of starting point! There are no interfaces from R/3 to APO only from APO to R/3 so I'm not sure if it is R/3 config that determines what type of plant is created in APO.

Again any pointers would be helpful. If the config is in R/3 influences this I'd like to know this as well.

Many thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SAP R/3, in IMG we can mark a plant as DC.

Please check the SAP Help with URL:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/2b/55e637ab50370be10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

A plant is transferred to the SCM system with the location type 1001 (production plant). For this, all basic settings associated with the plant are transferred: Name, address, time zone, and regional assignment.

When a plant is transferred, the transportation zone assigned to the plant in the ERP system is transferred as a separate location of type 1005 in addition to the actual plant location.

regards

Datta

former_member214648
Active Participant
0 Kudos

OK good advise, I checked, the plant is not selected in the R3 config as a distribution centre, but is a production plant is there any impact on APO id the plant is production or distribution center? So in the IMG where one determines the plant type is there an impact on APO

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are location depedent parameters/ fields in APO.

While creating ( either manually , by BAPIs or CIF transferring) locations some screens appear only for specific location types.

As an example of lcoation type needs, SAP introduced "Store" location type from SCM 5.0

There is an OSS note 912025 "Report for Changing the Location Type".

Therein the report /SAPAPO/CHANGE_LOCTYPE is mentioned.

However, please note that Changing the locationtype could be risky !

Regards

Datta

former_member214648
Active Participant
0 Kudos

OK thanks, we have not transacted on the system yet. So is the risk as high in this case? Any thoughts on the impact in that case? Sorry I don't have an OSS logon with me at this point. can you send me the details of the OSS note?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

OSS note details:

Summary

Symptom

You can transfer plants in R/3 as locations with location type 1001 (plant), 1002 (distribution center) or 1040 (branch). This setting cannot be changed easily at a later stage.

Reason and Prerequisites

Missing or incorrect setting of the node type in R/3 for categorizing the plant.

Solution

The /SAPAPO/CHANGE_LOCTYPE report (see correction instructions) supports the change of location type in SCM.

Add the following texts manually:

1. Start Transaction SE38.

2. Select program /SAPAPO/CHANGE_LOCTYPE.

3. Go to change mode ('Change' button).

4. From the menu, use Go To - Text elements to jump to Text symbols and selection texts.

5. Add the following text elements:

a) Text symbols:

001 List of locations to be changed

002 List of changed locations

003 Do you really want to change the type of selected locations?

004 CIF changes the location numbers

005 Do you really want to adjust the location number in line with CIF?

006 Test result

100 Selection conditions

110 Changes

120 Options

b) Selection texts:

P_LOGSYS Source system

P_LTYPE New location type

P_TEST Test mode

S_LOCNO Location

6. Save and activate the changes.

Header Data

Release Status: Released for Customer