cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.20 and Performance assistance causing saplogon.exe process term.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All-

Recently, I deployed SAP GUI 7.20 Patch 1 to a few users within the business for initial beta testing. What we have found is any sort of error/warning messages are calling up performance assistant automatically. Upon pressing enter within the performance assistant window, the application instantly terminates including the logon pad.

A common example is creating a stock transport order through ME21N, put a delivery date in the past (which is just a warning in our system). After the availability check, the perfornamce assistant window appears, press enter and the application terminates, logon pad and all which tells me the entire saplogon.exe process is terminating.

We run on Windows XP still as a company wide OS.

Some findings:

With the options checked for dialog box notifications within the SAP GUI options from "Customer Local layout", the performance assistant is called automatically with both warning and error messages, press enter and the entire saplogon.exe process terminates.

If you check off the options for dialog boxes under Notifications, you'll avoid the performance assistant coming up automatically so you'll avoid the application crash UNLESS you select the yellow questionmark at the bottom of the screen to call up performance assistant manually. If you press enter at that point, the application will terminate.

I've applied the hotfix from 08/06/10 to my machine but I can still replicate the issue.

We do use GUIXT, however, this error occurs when GUIXT is turned on and off and in our previous version of 7.10 we never had this issue.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. I'd thought I would ask here before launching a note through Marketplace.

Edited by: George Webb on Aug 17, 2010 11:07 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the problem with crash is solved in Sapgui Patch 3.

Next week, sap will release the new patch 3, -> pls see the note

[expected release date|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1053737]

Best Regards, Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that information. Do you have a link that describes what each patch is supposed to fix?

Former Member
0 Kudos

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1499057 <- it is unvisible for customers, becuase the nite is not release now for customers.

[ Note 1508366|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1508386]

Best regards,

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

Have you had any luck with this issue? We recently installed SAP GUI 7.20 patch 2 and are having similar issues. While working in t-code SWDD, "Workflow Builder", I am automatically logged out of SAP and the LOGON pad also closes out and I forced to sign back in. This is happening when I drag and drop an event into a step and enter in information that should normally prompt a warning/error message after hitting the "Enter" key.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: Michael Kostek on Oct 7, 2010 9:11 AM