cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SAPgui 720 using Microsoft SCCM (sms)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Microsoft System Center Config Manager.

On workstations that we installed the SAPgui update using MS SCCM 2007 we are not able to uninstall sapgui.

SAP has recommended that we use SAPgui installation server to install the updates (instead of a tool such as SCCM).

Please let me know if you have used MS SCCM (config manager) 2007 to install SAPgui 720, and if so, are you able to uninstall the sapgui from the control panel sucesfully?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a problem on deployment with SCCM/SMS centralized mode about the spalogon.ini file location :

We are preparing a deployment package to deploy SAPGUI v7.20 centralized and silent mode by SCCM on XP AND Windows 7.

This deployment should be accompanied by the deployment of customized saplogon.ini to give the path to the production server.

Currently, we encounter on Windows 7, the problem of the location of the saplogon.ini in a directory that allows use by all users who connect to the station.

As we have packaged for the moment, the installation is done via a user type admin, saplogon.ini is placed in a file specific to the user (on windows 7, it is a directory type X : \ Users \ <UserName> \ AppData \ Roaming \ SAP \ Common).

So, the user need manually reconfigure its SAP GUI session to point to the production server.

What we want is that the installation package performs all the operations:
* Installation of SAP GUI (that it works)
* Deposit of saplogon.ini in a directory accessible by any user connecting to the position
* Configuration of SAP GUI for that point on the saplogon.ini.
As sayed before, this installation package must be used both in Windows XP on Windows 7.

Thank you for your help

PS : We will try the Jose Pietri’s solution up and tell you if its works.

macarranza
Explorer
0 Kudos

I posted this on another thread... we use SCCM to roll out our GUI. Something that works really well for us:

1. Create the package on the installation server.

2. Compress the package to a single-file installer (executable). This feature is available in the installation server.

3. Use whatever method (SMS?) to run that executable on the client PC. There is a silent option if you prefer.

4. Have a standard .ini file that resides on a network drive (a DC is an excellent place for this). After all, if your users don't have access to the network, then they don't have access to SAP.

5. Push an icon to the user's PC that runs saplogon with the /INI_FILE option to point to the network .ini file.

6. If your users use NWBC, push the registry entries needed for the connections.

That's it! Any changes to the .ini file that you need to distribute can be easily done by changing the .ini file in your network drive. Just make sure it's read-only to your users so only you can change it. Any changes to the NWBC connections can be distributed by pushing a registry entry.

For GUI updates, you can update the installation server and repeat steps 2 - 3.

And yes, we are able to uninstall it via control panel when we follow this method.

0 Kudos

Hello Scott,

you have to configure your SCCM procedures to call the correct NwSapSetup commdandlines:

<path to SAP installation server>\Setup\NwSapSetup /Package:<Your Package> /noDlg

for installation and

<path to SAP installation server>\Setup\NwSapSetup /Package:<Your Package> /noDlg /uninstall

for uninstallation.

Best regards,

Klaus-Georg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Scott

Just saw this post and I am curious if you can share any further experience or feedback you might have had.

I fully appreciate the Installation Server, but our organization (of course a different department from SAP internal support!) has SCCM as well and I am surprised that SAP does not support it as a deployment platform. I was hopeful to simply approach the SCCM team and ask them to roll it out!