Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed for Mapping for a Flat File to an IDOC

gautam_poddar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing a Flat File(using File Content Conversion) to an IDOC. In the Message Mapping I have to Map the Fields of the Flat File to that of IDOC(GLAMAST.GLAMAST01). Since the IDOC is on the Right hand Side so the RED (Mandatory Fields) have to be populated and in that there is a "segment" field and it is xsd:string. As it is a REQUIRED Field so we have to Map it.

I just want to know what should be the Value of this Field. I have Tried with Constants but the Change list is not getting Activated. It's Saying the Mapping is not Complete. Any suggestions regarding this will be hugely Beneficial. Can anyone tell me what should be the Value of this Field.

The Scenario is Flat File --> XI --> SAP R/3.

Thanking in anticiation. Expecting for a Reply soon. Useful answers will be awarded Points.

Thanks and Regards

Chakra and Somnath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Somnath,

The best option is you disable the EDI_DC40 segment so that the values are taken automatically during runtime. Go through the weblogs :

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/01/xi-idoc-adapter--edidc40--demystified

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/02/manipulating-idoc-control-records-from-payload

which may help you. If you dont want to do this then you can fill:

EDIDC-RCVPOR, EDIDC-RCVPRN, EDIDC-RCVPRT, EDIDC-SNDPOR, EDIDC-SNDPRN, EDIDC-SNDPRT. And for segments you can assign a constant with a value 1.

---Satish

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Just map constant value 1 to this SEGMENT.

Make sure that all SEGMENT attributes are mapped with constant value 1.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just map a constant to SEGMENT . It should work.

Also, make sure all mandatory fields are mapped and you have not missed on anything.

Regards

Vijaya