SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPEM Parallel transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

At my current project we are debating to implement the mass transactions for EMMA to prepare jobs and create cases (FPEMMAMA, FPEMMAPREP).

At this moment, we are using EMMA transaction and time to time, the client has some performance problems. In a technical review time ago, it was recommend to use the mass transactions to parallelized the process but when the client try to test them in QA environment there were many issues and errors and the client couldn't take the risk at that point. Now that the production system is more stable we are looking to implement those improvements.

I am looking for examples where those parallel transactions had being used successfully. I need the following metrics as our example:

Transactions use: EMMA

No. Mass activities Monitored: 23 (mainly BILL, INVO, BIPR, VORB, UPLD)

Average No. of Cases created daily: 2000

Average time of execution: 1 hour

We are trying to improve this process to increase the scope of process monitored by BPEM and bring information to SAP BW for reporting.

Thanks in advance.

Norge.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norge,

There are few things that can be done to improve the performance. It would be highly feasible that if the large (high volume

mass activity with intervals processing large number of objects) should be broken down to smaller ones. For example

should schedule multiple jobs, have less number of objects per interval and try to have less number of intervals per mass activity. This way you will schedule more background jobs and will be able to get better performance out of the system as well.

regards,

David