cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit PO - Confirmation with Time and Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

To All:

We are in SRM 7.0 - Classic Scenario and ECC 6.0 EHP4.

We implemented the use of Limit PO in SRM to enable us to create a PO for Services that will give us the Value Limit and Expected Value functionality. In our scope the Limit PO can be confirmed in SRM for Time Entries and Material(s). Unfortunately we can only enter time and if we add material by clicking Add Item dropdown and choose As Free Description. We are getting an error message Inconsistent Parameter During Method Call after we enter the item type as material and the of measure as ea.

We did not implement SUS and if we do it in ECC through ML81N transaction, we can create Service Entry Sheet with time and materials.

Any direction on how to resolve this issue is appreciated.

Thank you all very much.

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dont use "Add Item" option instead use "Copy" option by selecting the Limit item and then "Paste" option. this will allow you to create new line item and you ca change the description acordingly for the new item.

Hope this will resolve your issue.

Regards,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadish:

Thank you very much on your reply. I think you have missed some part of my question. You are correct you can do this copy function to copy an item as same entry in the confirmation if want another service item entry, but the part that maybe you have missed is I need to add material confirmation within this confirmation. Which is called Time and Material Entry.

The business scenario is: One of the machinery in the plant is broken. We called the company who can service the machine and they gave us an estimated price of 850$ for 8 hrs of labour (800$) and 50$ on material. So we made a Limit PO of 850$ as expected value and 1000$ as Value limit so if there is adjustment we can confirm up to 1000$ against this PO. During the repair he used 8 hrs on service and 150$ on materials. So upon completion of his repair we created a confirmation of the services he rendered and the materials that been used.

This is the time that we can't use the SRM confirmation to enter these items.

Thanks,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

Limit PO can only have service items if the item category is "D" and you cannot add goods at the time of confirmation. Check what is the item category in your limit PO. So your scenario will not work if Limit PO has "D". For creating goods you need item category "B".

For this your Limit SC should be created with "Invoice Only" option and it will create PO with item cat "B" (if you select "Confirmations...." then it creates with "D"). But in this case confirmations are not possible. You can only make the invoice for what ever goods you enter against this PO.

Regards,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again Jagadish:

I just would like to know if this is your own opinion or this is a system design. Because if I created a Service Entry Sheet in ECC ML81N transaction I can have time and material entry on the Limit PO that I created in SRM with an Item Category 'D'. More so, if this is how SAP designed SRM, how come the dropdown functionality to add Catalog Item, Free Description and others are available?

Thanks,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

I shared my experience about how Limit order works in SRM and we did the same in my previous projects. I guess with "D" you could enter quantity, price in the confirmation screen similar to backend SES expect look and feel is different. I just tested and it allwed me to enter qty and price in the confirmation screen.

We cannot expect everything works same as in backend ERP system as there are some limitations in SRM regarding services.

If you have the questions on the SRM design it would be better to reach out SAP for first hand information. Also, share the information from SAP with the forum members.

Regards,

Jagadish

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

to understand SAP design funtionality . not to solve your issue

Note 502176 - Confirmation for mixed Backend goods/service purchase order

Symptom

1. When you enter a goods/services confirmation, the system displays the same purchase order several times in the search result.

2. When you expand the service purchase order item in the search, the system displays the material items.

3. When you create a confirmation for the "material portion" of the purchase order, the system proposes the services of the first service purchase order item.

Other terms

eCommerce, Enterprise Buyer professional, EBP, BBP, B2B, BBPCF01, BBPCF02, BBPCF03, BBP_CF, SAPLBBP_CF, Backend, service

Reason and Prerequisites

You enter the confirmation for an (R/3)-Backend purchase order which contains both material items and service items.

Solution

Ad 1:The display in the search result is correct!

An entry is generated in the search result for EVERY service item. In addition, ONE other entry is generated for the total of all material items.

Background:You cannot post any mixed goods and service confirmations in the R/3 system.

Every Backend service purchase order item can include one or several service items as well as a limit, however, which are NOT broken down in the search result.Ad 2 and ad 3:Implement the attached program corrections.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both for your reply:

I will send a message to SAP and will update forum with their answer.

Again your answers are very much appreciated.

Mike