cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to MDM database from MDM 7.1 console or clix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have installed MDM 7.1 in unix platform and i was trying to duplicate repository from MDM console.

I have entered the DB2 connection parameters(ID: MDM Password:********).

But it showed the following error.

"Unable to connect with database server"(Error retrieving DBMS settings).

Do i need to make any change in system settings or .ini file?

I have tried the same(duplicating and unarchiving) using clix commands. But getting the same error.

But i can run clix commands like repLoad,repUnload etc..(But Not cpyDuplicate or cpySlave).

How i can get this DB2 connection working?

Thanks in Advance

Dhanish Joseph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

follow below URL contents , states same trouble

for more information on clix

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPMDM/GettingStartedwithMDMCLIX

hope it resolves the issue

Deep

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you guys..

The issue is resolved..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using the following parameters

DBMS server : GMP[IBM DB2]

User Name : MDM

Pwd : ********

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are installing both MDM server and the Oracle DBMS on the same machine, then you need to use the Net Configuration Assistant and define a Listener address and a local service Name.

The entire set up and test connectivity in mentioned in the Installation guide

https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001119842007E

Apart from this, there some setting related to the DBMS in the MDS.ini, which you can check. One of them is:

Oracle DBA Username : String. DBMS account (database) name having system privileges. Default is SYSTEM.

Hence, you need to mention System while connecting to MDM server

Go to-> Appendices->Configuration Files->MDM Sever Settings and DBMS Server Lists.

The first time that the MDM Server connects to the database, the MDM Console asks which user

account to use to connect to the DBMS. As already mentioned by Simona, in Console, try using the SYSTEM account for all access and mention Blank as password instead of Scott and Oracle.

Hope this helps you

Deep

former_member278106
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You probably know that it is necessary to install DB2 client on the MDM server box and configure it working with the database. It means that after installing DB2 client on the MDM box, you need to create the db2 profile, for example run the following command as root from /opt/IBM/db2/V9.7/instance: ./db2icrt -s client mds

This will create the db2 profile for user mds. You canu2019t create the db2 profile for root user (ID=0).

Add the following line to the /etc/profile file: . /home/mds/sqllib/db2profile

After the profile is created, you may configure your DB2 client and MDM working with your DB2 database. First create the DB2 node: db2 catalog tcpip node <name> remote <host> server 50000

where <name> is DB2 node name that you give, may be any. <host> is a hostname of the DB2 server and 50000 is a default DB2 TCP port, if you use other -change it. The create the tatabase catalog:

db2 catalog database <DB name> AT NODE <node>

where <DB name> is DB2 database name that you'll use for MDM connection, <node> is the above mentioned node that you have created. Now you can check that the DB creation by running the following command: db2 list db directory

Now restart MDM and try to connect to the DB2 DB.

Regards, Lev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhanish,

I had a similar error (but with a oracle db).

Instead of using the ID of the db I used the name of the host.

What did you enter? DMBS: xxx ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish

First of all thanks for your reply.

But i have checked with DB team about the user id "MDM" and pwd "********".

They have reset the password also and said it is not locked.

But even after it shows the same error "Unable to connect".

I was trying duplication of repository.(Both from console and using clix).

Please help

Thanks

Dhanish Joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joseph,

Do i need to make any change in system settings or .ini file?

No you dont need to do any changes.

The error states it is not able to connect to the database. Check with the Database guys about the DB2 server information. Something you are giving wrong. Please check it out.

Regards,

---Satish