Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriman,

I have attached a link which contains the detailed explanations

alongwith examples

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/e7/8cff5d0a57fb42bfb324a34eff1ae1/frameset.htm

Hope your query is resolved

Please confirm

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

If you can kindly provide examples , it will avoid mY confusion.

I have gone through the link but I am not able to get it clearly

Thanks,

SS

Edited by: SAPSriman on Aug 17, 2010 3:55 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

A good example is given in the same link..giving more specific

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/e7/8cff5d0a57fb42bfb324a34eff1ae1/frameset.htm

LIVECACHE lock

The liveCache lock is the most precise locking method.

Using this locking method, the system creates an entry in the lock table for multiple single values or one interval per characteristic ( e.g. for a location we can enter values here).

The liveCache lock does not take exclusive selections into account.

In addition, the system evaluates a wildcard character () and any number of wild cards in single values. Always use the wildcard character at the end of the characteristic value, for example, ABC.

DETAILED lock

This lock is less restrictive than the aggregated lock. In this case, the system can create an entry in the lock table for multiple single values per characteristic. The detailed lock does not evaluate intervals or exclusive selections.

AGGREGATE lock

Using this locking method, the system can only create an entry in the lock table for one unique single value per characteristic ( for example one value for a location characteristic)

All other types of selection for a characteristic cause the system to lock all values of the characteristic. These include the following selections:

● Intervals (entries with <, >, £, ³ are also intervals), for example, products 1 to 100.

● Multiple single values, for example, location = DERBY, PHILADELPHIA and SINGAPORE.

● Exclusive selections (single values and intervals), for example, customer ¹ SMITH.

KF Specific lock

The effect of this function is that the system only locks the key figures of a planning area that are being processed in data views. The key figure specific lock can be used as an enhancement of the detailed lock or of the liveCache lock.

This is very useful when many planners work on the simliar selections , but are processing different Key figures.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have understood

Thanks-SS

Answers (0)