cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error: Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i am getting following error:

Error when processing your request

The URL http://ai-devecc.aisap.com:8003/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/HAP_START_PAGE_POWL_UI_MSS/ was not called due to an error.

Note

The following error text was processed in the system DEV : Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible.

The error occurred on the application server ai-devecc_DEV_03 and in the work process 0 .

The termination type was: RABAX_STATE

I checked cardinality of UI elements in all views i am using, cardinality 1:1 could that be a reason?

also when i go to st22: i got following:

exception CX_SY_REF_IS_INITIAL occured in procedure " PREPARE_NAVIGATION " " (METHOD) " but it was neither handled locally nor declared in the RAISING clause of its signature.

help please.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This particular application needs some configuration first - to ensure that data is returned.

Put a breakpoint in the POWL feeder class - it is not returning any records. Likely it is having issues finding out who/what you can see.

the feeder class is CL_HRHAP00_STARTPG_POWL and the method to put your breakpoint IF_POWL_FEEDER~GET_OBJECTS, although it might be that the issue is in one of the other methods - I'm afraid the app works on my system - but I have seen it do exactly the same as you have on other systems.

It is disappointing that this standard SAP app dumps rather than returning a nice error message - but once you debug the feeder class you should be able to see what isn't working pretty quickly.

Hope that helps,

Chris

Madhu2004
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

IN ST22 Check the active calls/events and check from where this error is thown.

Thjis error will be in the case when the object instance in is initial and object instance is used ot do some action.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please set a breakpoint in the mentod where you are getting error.

This type of error generally caused if cardinality in not set properly.

Are you running this application from portal or SE80 ABAP server.

Thanks

Pradeep