Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMSPING not triggering auto-reaction method

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have solution manager 7.0 EHP1 with Oracle on HP-UX.

I have configured CCMS alerts in solman and i'm receiving e-mail alerts for nodes like "dialog response time","aborted background jobs".

We have registered the CCMSPING agents for availability and i have assigned the same auto-reaction method to send mail alerts.

when i manually start the auto-reaction method, i am getting the availability status, but i dont get the mail when systems actually go offline, in other words, CCMSPING doesnt trigger the mails.

here is the status:

SD1\Availability\...\Availability: BQ1 on hostname\ABAP: Checked by CCMSPING.hostname.38 Z_CCMS_MAIL_ALERT [Central Autoreaction] CHECKED Run required ( 16.08.2010 , 23

SD1\Availability\...\Availability: EQ1 on hostname\ABAP: Checked by CCMSPING.hostname.35 Z_CCMS_MAIL_ALERT [Central Autoreaction] CHECKED Run required ( 16.08.2010 , 23

SD1\Availability\...\Availability: CQ1 on hostname\ABAP: Checked by CCMSPING.hostname.31 Z_CCMS_MAIL_ALERT [Central Autoreaction] CHECKED Ready ( 16.08.2010 , 23:19:09

SD1\Availability\...\Availability: XQ1 on hostname\ABAP: Checked by CCMSPING.hostname.42 Z_CCMS_MAIL_ALERT [Central Autoreaction] CHECKED Run required ( 16.08.2010 , 23

SD1\Availability\...\Availability: ED1 on hostname\ABAP: Checked by CCMSPING.hostname.35 Z_CCMS_MAIL_ALERT [Central Autoreaction] CHECKED Ready ( 00.00.0000 , 00:00:00

SD1\Availability\...\Availability: XD1 on hostname\ABAP: Checked by CCMSPING.hostname.42 Z_CCMS_MAIL_ALERT [Central Autoreaction] CHECKED Ready ( 00.00.0000 , 00:00:00

SD1\Availability\...\Availability: CD1 on hostname\ABAP: Checked by CCMSPING.hostname.31 Z_CCMS_MAIL_ALERT [Central Autoreaction] CHECKED Ready ( 00.00.0000 , 00:00:00

SD1\Availability\...\Availability: BD1 on hostname\ABAP: Checked by CCMSPING.hostname.38 Z_CCMS_MAIL_ALERT [Central Autoreaction] CHECKED Ready ( 00.00.0000 , 00:00:00

Should i increase the threshold values? Pls guide me.

Thanks

Nanda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you gone though all the configuration of:

- Registering ccmsping to CEN

- Configuring via RZ21 >> Technical Infrastructure >> Availability Monitoring >> Configure CCMSPING Monitoring and then add the satellite system (See pdf below)

- Don't forget to add the Destination of Responsible CCMSPING on the bottom i.e. CCMSPING.<CEN host>.00

If you have done this correctly you should see values in RZ20 >> SAP CCMS Monitoring Templates >> Availability and Performance Overview >> Availability.

Then you assign a LOCAL auto-reaction method.

because it makes sense that availability monitoring is local on CEN. If the satellite system dies it can't say "I'm dead" so the ping is from CEN and therefore local.

try this and let me knw.

Also see [http://service.sap.com/monitoring|http://service.sap.com/monitoring]>> Monitoring in detail >> Availability Monitoring and Agent CCMSPING.

Jansi

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Thanks for ur reply.

I have completed all the steps you have mentioned, and i am seeing the values reported, 100% when they are online, when i check the open alerts, they are below threshold value (marked in red) around the same time offline backups were taken.

The CCMSPING is reporting the values, but the mail is not triggered, please help me solve this problem.

Thanks

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If this is a central auto reaction pls check if the execution is "periodically in background job".

Regards,

kaustubh.

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

The auto-reaction i am using is Z_CCMS_MAIL_ALERT (copied from CCMS_OnAlert_Email) and the execution is marked as

only in central system, triggered by CCMS agents

should i change it to

periodically in background job

Pls guide me

Thanks

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

the solution is easy: CCMSPING cannot erase central autoreactions (like SAPCCM4X). And your email-autoreaction definitely is a central one.

But do not change this one, because then all the other agents cannot erase this method anymore.

So just copy your central method to a local one (renaming it, changing the control settings to: periodically in background process) and then test it. Best testing for availability monitoring is setting the trheshold above 100% (if you do not have too many systems monitored), this will raise alerts without stopping monitoring systems.

Generally think of the period of your SCOT-jobs.

Feel free to call back

Dirk

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

I dont understand wat you mean by this,

But do not change this one, because then all the other agents cannot erase this method anymore.

I take that u want me to make a new copy of the existing auto-reaction method to send the mails and change the properties.

I copied and edited the execution from "only in central system, triggered by CCMS agents" to "periodically in background job".

I set the threshold values to maximum.

When i manually start the auto-reaction method, i am getting the mail with availability status %.

But when the systems go offline, it is not triggering the mail.

I even checked the open alerts, the systems went offline, last midnight, and the value is marked RED.

Please help me solve this problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

1.) OK, so you already have two different auto-reactions: one local method for CCMSPING and another central for all other alerts. Have you?

2.) If 1.) is OK, and you can manually send email; then this is not a problem of your autoreaction, but of your background scheduling. I guess that you you only activated central background jobs in RZ21.

3.) for automatical processing of alerts locally in your CEN system, you there have to activate local background scheduler too in RZ21. Please try: RZ21, Technical Infrastructure, Local Method Execution, Activate background dispatching.

This should solve your problem - but be aware that it will about up to 10 minutes before you get your alert in SCOT. (depending on auto/abaptime).

Could you please check the status of your autoreaction in RZ20, when the MTE is red? Is there "Action required"?

Just call back if these hints wont help.

Dirk

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for your reply.

I checked the runtime status of the auto-reaction method when it was RED, and it is AL_TD_RUN_REQUIRED .

Now i have activated the bakground dispatching also.

I will check if i get the mails automaticaly now, will report back.

Thanks

Nanda

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

I have done everything you have mentioned, but i havent got any mail.

Pls help me solve this problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

did the status of the autoreaction method change? "AL_TD" indicates that the Tool Dispatcher has to run, so this seems to be the problem.

Besides, have a look at the CCMS selfmonitoring, go into MTE Tooldispatching (long running tasks) and open the alert view for node "Messages". Do you find entries for your problem (timestamp!) there?

Regards,

Dirk

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

I navigated to

CCMS Selfmonitoring>Tool dispatching(Central System)>Messages and i clicked open alerts

the value i got is

[ 1 Alert ], System could not read RFC destination (RC = 212), MTE: BQ1\hostname_BQ1_38\...\Dialog\ResponseTime

When i double clicked it, i got this:

16.08.2010 11:43:55 SD1 CCMS_Selfmonitoring Tooldispatching (central system) Messages ACTIVE System could not read RFC destination (RC = 212), MTE: BQ1\hostname_BQ1_38\...\Dialog\ResponseTime

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can anyone solve his problem, pls?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

sorry for delay, but I was ill some time.

For me and outside your system, you seem to have done all you can do. SAPconnect is working, local autoreaction for CCMSPING is OK, CCMS selfmonitoring not throwing relevant problems. The last chance could be to have a look at the "space" MTE in CCMS selfmonitoring, but I do not think this will lead to an result.

I would advise you to open an OSS message. Sorry for not being able to solve your problem, but without login no deeper diagnosis is possible.

Regards,

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a similar issue monitoring a RFC for one of my satellite systems since CEN.

Alert are generated ok and I could see them in CEN, but no mail is triggered (some time ago it worked), but now it is not.

As In my method I have "trigger by CCMS" option choosen, following your post, I guess the problem is that sapccm4x should run in my atellite system isn't it? And I have checked that it is stopped. Is it not enough with ccmsping agent running?

Best Regards,

Virginia

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi virginia,

CCMSPING is only for checking the availability of the satellite systems.

You need SAPCCM4X agent running for monitoring the Satellite systems.

Since you say that service is stopped, i suggest you start the service manually and make sure its started after every reboot of the system.

If its unix based system pls include the service in initab file and if windows mention tat sapccm4x service is automatically started at startup.

Answers (0)