Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rail planning through APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a requirement

1. where i need to Monthly and Daily plan for my rails and inside rail 40 wagons and again in that 40 wagons type of wagons.

Can anyone explain me can TPVS can fulfill the requirement?

I dont have much knowledge in TPVS and i had gone through it and no where it says that compartment is assigned to Material numbers or Material Family.

Please guide me

Thanks & Regards,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Plan for rail daily or monthly means you want to plan for daily or mothly requirement for transporting the goods with rail mode within different locations(Inhouse or external) - Correct me if I am wrong.

If I understood correctly then it can be met with TPVS.

Compatment will not be assigned to material.

Concept is as follows

Transportation lane between different location can be product specific.

Tlane will have mode of transport.

Now you can assign Vehicale resource like rail to mode of transport.

Your deliveries and STOs will create requirement for rail resoruce according to volume they will consume capacity.

You can club multiple deliveries to form shipment.

This schedule can be interactive planned in planning board or using optimizer.

Available capacity can be defined interms of container capacity. Consumption will be according to volume of products.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thanks a lot for quick responce.

My requirement in detail is

1. I need to define different compartments (ie. BOX_C type, BOX-n...so on) and deifferent material can go in particular box type only.

2. when i plan on monthly can i take Purcasr requisions instead of STO?

3. When i plan on monthly planning system need to tell me with respect to material and what type of BOX and how many it needed?

4. Is TPVS is just planning or we can do execution also?

Please it will be really great if you guide ma.

Thanks & Regards,

Kumar

Edited by: kumar31 on Aug 17, 2010 9:48 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. You can define different compatment types with its capacitys in customizing. As certain product can go in certail comparment type(Box) you can define feild catologue with product number or transportation group as feild. Then define compatibilities for different compatment types.

2. You cannot use purchase requisition as per my knowledge only deliveries(purchase order or sales order) and STO can be

used.

3. It can give date wise requirements.

4. TPVS does support shipment creation , TSP assignment and tendering process and integrated with ECC execution functionalities

You can just give a try whether you can use purchase requisition in TPVS- I am not sure.

If its not possible you can think of using Transportation resource in Tlane with capacity interms of volume . Having different mode of transport for different product.- just a thoght.

Regards,

Santosh

Answers (0)