Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Primary and pooled samples

maarten_muetgeert2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I posted a similar question before about the sampling procedure. But the request has been changed a bit. My client takes samples depending on the number of containers, lets call this the primary samples. The lab does not do the analysis on the primary samples, but they create pooled samples. They combine 5 primary samples to 1 pooled sample. They will do the analysis on this pooled sample. But they need labels for all the primary samples.

An example. They receive 10 boxes, so 10 samples need to be created. The lab will create 2 pooled samples (10 / 5 = 2). So when enter results recording only the two primary samples need to be visible for the inspection lot, not all of the primary samples. How can this be done?

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally the when you create sampling drawing procedure with Primary & pooled samples both then the number of samples are created as per the "Pooled" sample defined.This is what std SAP.

Now only way left is the Manual creation of the sample.

Also "its really not possible to view 2 samples when 10 samples defined".

'

maarten_muetgeert2
Participant
0 Kudos

Generally the when you create sampling drawing procedure with Primary & pooled samples both then the number of samples are created as per the "Pooled" sample defined.This is what std SAP.

I don't understand what you mean by this...

I think i already found the solution. I configured the sample drawing proc as follows:

- Primary sample acc to formula TRUNC(SQRT(P2)+1)

- Pooled sample acc to formula TRUNC(P3/5)

The procedures is dependend on the number of containers.

Edited by: Maarten_m4 on Aug 17, 2010 2:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes but when total number of sample are created they are created on the basis of Pooled sample...Am I correct?

maarten_muetgeert2
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes the number of samples for results recording is based on the number of pooled samples. So when i have 10 primary samples. I'll get 10/5=2 pooled samples for which i can enter results. This is exactly what i needed. Thanks for you help.

Answers (0)