Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula for reserve sample

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In the reserve sample field of sample drawing procedure, standard SAP allows only a constant quantity to be put. But if there is a requirement of calculating the reserve sample as a part of the pooled sample, how can that be done? For example if my pooled sample is calculated as per formula given in the primary samples tab of sample drawing procedure and i have a requirement of calculating the reserve sample as 1/3 rd of pooled sample, then how can this be done. Any ideas?

Regards

Sm.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor

None that I am aware of. SAP doesn't really veiw this sample as being size oriented. It's simply a representitive sample of the batch that is kept for future reference and isn't really ever touched. I don't necessarily agree with that, but that is pretty much it.

If you use physical sample management, all your pooled and primary samples are stored and tracked. So you shoud include enough of a fudge factor in these samples to account for storing them for a certain amount of time.

The idea is that a reserve sample is really a sample of last resort and in most cases, would probably never be used. However I have had clients use these samples to provide sample material to customers at times.

FF

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

Thanks, this thread is being closed.

Regards

Sm.