cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use standard Infostructures for SIS Reports

samjalees2000
Participant
0 Kudos

Now I see many available standard info structures in the infostructures list.Is there any way we can use the standard ones in the repoirts without the need to create infostructures??

or there any other alternative???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

samjalees2000
Participant
0 Kudos

well atleast now I can interact with expert of Sis.

Jelena,can you plz let me know a very fast way I can configure standard sis reports using standard infostrucutres.I just need a output at this point fro some confidence.Thanx

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sam, actually SNavaneetha has already answered your question correctly. You don't need to create any new info structures and may use the standard ones. You just need to configure the update according to the business requirements. But since you keep asking about configuring "the reports" I think you might be a bit confused. For the standard info structures we only need to configure the update. Each info structure already has its own report (you'll find them on the SAP menu). If you run MCSI transaction, you won't find any standard info structures on the list because this transaction is for the custom ones.

You might want to read the documentation, it's not that long and I think the steps are explained rather well:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/8c/fd5878a94711d1890a0000e8322f70/frameset.htm

From "my" document you'll only neeed these steps:

Assign Update Group at Item/Header Level (p.12)

Maintain and Assign Statistics Groups (p.13) - no need to create any new groups, use standard 1 and 2

Then make sure the update is activated in transaction OMO1. Note that the info structures will start to fill in only after you do the configuration. If you need to populate the data from the existing documents, follow the instructions starting on p.32.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through below link it will hel you to understand the basic settings required to activate SIS and standard info structure.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/23491525/How-to-Work-With-SIS-Structures

Hope this will help you .

REgards,

Krishna O

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry for the off-topic. Krishna, how did you get this link? I'm curious because I'm the one who wrote this document. It was intended for internal use and I shared it only with a few friends. Not that I'm claiming royalties or credit (although maybe I should? ), just curious how did it spread so far. Thanks!

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check Note 491519 - Standard analyses - Transaction codes and reports. It tell you the tcodes and tables (infostructures) that they use (no only SIS, MM, PP and so on).

I hope this helps you

Regards,

Eduardo

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to use standard SIS you can very well use it. But you have to enable all the relevant elements for SIS update. For example you have to assign the statistical update group for order types, item categories etc. If you clearly map your statiscal update groups, then the SIS structures will get updated automatically.