cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Results displayed on control chart

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the characteristic is single result entry for many sample SAP is only using on the chart the average of those result.

Example

Characteristic 1:

Result 1: 10

Result 2: 20

Result 3: 30

SAP displays on chart the computed average of 20.

Is there a standard control chart type that can be use that will plot for the individual single results or does this mean development is required? Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check with Run Chart.

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for answering Vishal

According to SAP

" In contrast to control charts, a run chart does not contain action limits; instead, it contains limits for the tolerance range."

User wants to see the action limits given a result will be valuated based on the action limits. Is there a control chart that can display single results also?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use moving average charts. Usually moving range charts are used if n=1. Try the standard moving range charts, may solve your issue.

Thanks,

Ram

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want these plotted as individual points, then you probably need to use inspection points with this.

Since each point is obviously important to the process, then averaging them together is worng. And that is what you are doing with your current setup.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

initial setup shown to user was with inspection point, but then he mentioned that current setup is based on larger scope and each inspection point can have many results of which he'd like to see these single charted as well. But yeah the process might have to be double confirmed to see if inspection point can still be accommodated as solution to adopt or not.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds like you steered them in the right direction.

If each inspection point, (or inspec. lot), can have multiple and varied results, it doesn't sound like that would lend itself well to SPC charting. I think it would be difficult to understand which values should be considered and which once shojuld be average or ignored. One of the issues when you use multuple results recording is that in the UD sceen you usually will see the average of these and that is what SAP wants to plot. I think when SAP originally designed this for multiple results it was with the idea that these were multiple repeititions of the same test on the same sample of material. Not the same test from different samples. So SPC charting was designed on the same concept and only the average of the individual results are plotted.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your inputs FireFighter. I'm still young at being a QM consultant and although I may be able to study the technical aspects I'm still very far at being a real consultant who can talk in terms of business process. Therefore hearing inputs that provide logic to the technical aspects is what I really look forward to reading in these forums. I'm glad you're here sharing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Change the control chart type & Explore.In addition to that also change the limits...

Former Member
0 Kudos

no other way then. in any case non of the control chart type available had single result ticked which can be an indicator that what I'm looking for is not there.