cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMII on Mobile Devices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone, we are having trouble to display irpt pages (several applets) on our mobile devices. Browser of it can not load applet contents. Our mobile devices are working on Windows Mobile 5 and Windows CE. Is there anyone who can run irpt pages with applet on their mobile devices?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Typically to run the applets it depends on your mobile device configuration like whether is supports Java

I would recommend going for Servlets like ichartServlet to create chart images instead of Applets.

Look into these related threads for more info:

[Thread 1|]

[Thread 2|]

[Thread 3|]

Check this blog my Sam

[How to Configure the xMII Server and xMII Pages for Mobile Devices|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9d3b9b9b-0e01-0010-d58a-a3a9415aab28?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

You can find more threads/discussions on Mobile Devices in MII forum search with larger Date Range

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Adarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response Adarsh Sidnoor. Servlet will not support all functionalty, therefore we could not use it. I.e. servlet does not support calendar. In our irpt page, employee scan barcode and irpt page sends data to the xMII transaction( XacuteQuery ) by applet, after than transaction connect to the SAP R3 system then checks whether barcode is valid or not, if it is valid. Quantity of scaned barcode will added to the shopping list etc.. Can it be possible by using Servlet? I don't think that all applet functionalities support in Servlet.

P.S: MBIS Team MBIS ... and Alper Karabulut are both same person.

Edited by: Alper Karabulut on Aug 17, 2010 11:09 AM

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use a JavaScript calendar instead of MII iCalendar and put the Servlet in an IFrame, pass variables to Servlet via session variables and call it.

Yes, you can call an Xacute Query just like any other Query template via Servlet

I agree that you cannot have all the MII functionality like Applet events but however you can leverage HTML/JS events on an image generated.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Adarsh

Answers (0)