cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How & Where to create the Target Groups and Transport Targets for Business

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am Transporting the scenarios from Development 500 client XI system to Development 500 client PI7.1 system. I have taken the exports of Technical system and Business System from the DEV XI system and correspondingly have imported the same in the PI7.1 system. I can see the all the business system in the Business system SLD of the PI7.1 system. I would like to assign the Business System Groups and Transport Targets for every business system that I want to transport. How can I do that ? Whether this is to be done in DEV XI system or the DEV PI system? Can somebody elaborate the step by step method to create the Groups and Target system for the every Business system so that I can import the object of the Integration Directory sucessfully................................

Thanks & Regards

suk4023

Edited by: sukande on Aug 17, 2010 8:18 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Still going further after defing the destination for transport in the source SLD Business system ( XI dev server) , then we should export it and subsequently import it in the SLD of the PI 7.1 ie the destination server. Then we should transport the objects of Integration Repository and Integration Directory to the new PI7.1 server. Is this the right way to proceed.?

Yes, it is the right way to proceed.

Assuming, all the business groups and technical systems are exported in target SLD, if you are still facing the issue of Obligatory transport Target, try importing the request again in PI7.1 system.

Also, check the group for that particular business system in target SLD.

-Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do we define the Related Integration Server PI7.1 in existing Dev XI3.0 server to create the business system for PI7.1 dev system in existing XI dev server. Pls let me know.......

Thanks

Regards

suk4023

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer the below link for configuring business group:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ef/a21e3e0987760be10000000a114084/content.htm

For assigning the transport targets, you have to create all the business systems in DEV XI system.

There is a transport Tab for every business system, there you have to add the target system.

E.g: If A is business system on DEV XI & B is corresponding system on DEV PI, then

on the Transport tab of system A, you have to add system B as target.

-Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

Thanks for the reply and good illustration............Still going further after defing the destination for transport in the source SLD Business system ( XI dev server) , then we should export it and subsequently import it in the SLD of the PI 7.1 ie the destination server. Then we should transport the objects of Integration Repository and Integration Directory to the new PI7.1 server. Is this the right way to proceed.? Hope that this will not give the error while importing the objects in Integration Directory. An typical which comes while importing the objects in the Integration Directory is as follows:-

*Import failed because of business system transfer of object Communication Component | PCM: Obligatory transport target for business system PCM not found in System Landscape Directory*

Pls clarify on this ......

Thanks & Regards

suk4023

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi suk4023,

you need to have the transport targets in the target SLD. Therefore you have to create there for each connected system 2 Business Systems. No problem for 3rd party, more complex for SAP systems: You could create a second technical system for SAP systems if you use an alias for the host.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos