cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Know the GL account before posting a sales order or sales invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I want to know the accounting enteries to which GL account the Debit & Credit will happen, at the time of sales order creation or before posting an Invoice.

This is required to avoid the wrong GL account posting in sales invoice.

Kindly guide me.

TIA.

Regards,

Mark K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member1190345
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

The G/L account determination is carried out during the configuation process which is obviously done much before any transaction (Like sales order) is created. While doing the G/L account determination you are already aware of the G/L accounts to which the Debit and the Credit happens and these accounts never change, hence when you create a Invoice for particular sales order you are already aware to which G/L accounts the invoice will get posted to. This is a configuartion step and you must have already documented the same in the requirement gathering stage which never changes. Just check out your documentation.

J Nagesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nagesh,

Thank you for your response.

The issue is, the user who is making the sales order / invoice, what to know the GL accounts to which the entries will be posted.

Considering at the end-user entry, kindly guide me.

Regards,

Mark K

former_member1190345
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mark....

The user who is to make the ortder will only come to know about the G/L accounts after the Invoice is created and not during the creation of the sales order. Once the invoice is made you can view the Accounting Documents created for the Invoice from the invoice itself usi ng VF02. Here the user can see the Debit and credit G/L accounts.

Hope it helps,

Nagesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

I had a same requirement some time back.

I don't think so there is any othe option apart from getting into VKOA and getting into each of the combination and extract them to an excel and do an analysis and provide to the user.

This is the ONLY way i beleive you can get the GL accounts before you post the invoice into Accounting.

My requirement was specific to a sales org and I gathered some three months Invoice data and did a rough analysis on how they are posted(i.e Mostly used combination) and processed them made it as per the user requirment.

That helped them what they needed. I beleive you can do the same process.

Best Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the sales order overview screen, follow menu-path Environment > Analysis > Account determination and you will see a proposal of the anticipated GL postings per condition type per line item.

Rgds,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

The accounting entry gets determined through various account assigmenents like material account assignment group, Customer account assignment group . to this combination & account keys GL accounts are attached in the SPRO - Customization.

t-code - VKOA. Through that User can judge what accounting entry will happen at the time of Invoice.

rgds,

Saurabh