Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Barcode printing in the script

former_member195383
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are printing Barcode in the script . the char type is BC and the barcode type is BC_125. In print preview itself its giving a barcode , which does not appear as a barcode and while printing it does not get printed. When we checked, the mapping has been done in SE73. Can there be any other reason, for which its not getting printed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you're using HP LaserJet, hardware modification with SIMM or DIMM is needed, or desktop software must be installed. Search the forum for MANY posts on this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We faced similar situation in our project. Script was showing barcodes in print preview but in print it was not giving the barcodes.

In our case, printer was not supporting barcode printing via scripts. Check if this is the case with you as well. We had to convert our scripts to smartforms for barcode printing.

Thanks,

Archana

former_member195383
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How to check printer is not supporting barcode printing via scripts. ??

Its a bugfix and I dont think it would be feasible to convert it to smartform as the effort will be huge..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually in my case, the printer for barcode printing was available only at onsite. So, onsite people did the testing and came up with the conclusion that printer is not supporting barcodes. I guess Basis person might help you with printer issue.

So, if this is bug fix, was this program working earlier?

Changing scripts to smartform is a huge effort, no doubt, but we had no option.

Thanks,

Archana

former_member195383
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the smartform they are using the barcode type C128A which is successfully printing. But when we use the same type in Script it is not printing . Can you please let us know whether there are any other settings , that need to be maintained so that it will print for the script also.