cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndication of Hierarchy table values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a scenario like Syndication of Hierarchy table values along with relationships. Hierarchy structure as follows.

Hierarchy Table

|

|_____Parent1

| |_____Child1

| |_____Child11

|

______Parent2

|___Child 2

Fields in this table Record ID and Name

We want to syndicate this hierarchy structure in to Flat/XML, in following format

If i want to syndicate Child11 record the record should syndicate in following format

Record ID

Parent1>Child1>Child11

If i want to syndicate Child1 record the record should syndicate in following format

Record ID

Parent1>Child1

I tried with the Destination item properties Full path option. but still i'm not getting the full path details.

Can anyone pls help me on this.

Thanks,

Anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

In MDM Syndicator right click on source field and choose option split hierarchy field ---> From Root it will create two more field for e.g. if category is fields then it will create Category[Root] and Category[Root1] here Root is main node and Root1 is child node map this fields to destination side it will display root node and child node accordingly

Hope this will resolved your problem

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

This is not possible directly as MDM always syndicates a flat file and hierarchies etc are lost.

You can try this as workaround-

1. Introduce some more fields in te Hierarchy table like Node level(1 for root and 2,3,4 for subsequent levels)

2. Similarly add field for Parent Node and this should have values for the preceeding parents. For ex- record Child11 should have Parent node as Parent1>Child1>

3. Syndicate the Hierarchy table with a custom schema to accomodate the above 2 defined fields also.

4. Use XI mappping rules to concatenate the record value and Parent node to get the desired output. This should be again based on conditional check Node level>1

5. The source fiel used for importing the Hierarchy table in MDM can be tweaked to add Node level and Parent Node fields.

hope this helps-Ravi