Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Help website drops NW7.02 ???

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know that EhP5 for ECC6 isn't coming to a SAP system near me as soon as I had hoped (and had thought earlier this year) but for a while now the NW7.02 help had been available on the SAP help website.

It seems that now any attempt to access the NW7.02 help redirects the user to the NW7.01 help site.

What's going on? you can do a search through SCN and find multiple links in forums that are now "broken".

[(about 3210 links according to Google) |http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=site:forums.sdn.sap.com+http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=]

[PAM says it is still in ramp-up|http://service.sap.com/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000001303&_EVENT=DISP_NEW&00200682500000002804=01200615320900003225] - although there is a a little note:

"Unrestricted productive use rescheduled: Since 19 April, 2010, SAP enhancement package 2 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0 has been available for SAP Project and Portfolio Management 5.0 Ramp-Up participants only. Unrestricted and productive use of SAP enhancement package 2 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0 is planned with a later Support Package Stack planned for Q4/2010. "

I've looked around but I couldn't find any information on why this information (SAP Help) had been removed from public access. It was helpful in thinking about what I might be able to do when NW7.02 finally came along.

Has anyone seen an announcement that the help was going down - or know when it might be up again?

Cheers,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Me and my friends say it is between Walldorf and Delhi:)) But who knows? They won´t tell you... cheers Otto

p.s.: Few weeks/ months I was sure I am the most complaining person around ever, but now it looks like you´re in the lead, Chris:)) Congratulations!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

the disclaimer note in the PAM pretty much answers it. Following the statement "SAP enhancement package 2 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0 has been available for SAP Project and Portfolio Management 5.0 Ramp-Up participants only." means respective documentation is only accessible for those ramp-up customers.

You can expect the documentation for SAP enhancement package 2 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0 available for general access on the help portal with unrestricted shipment of the product.

Hope that helps!

Ivo

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Ivo,

but it does not explain why NW7.02 help was publicly available previously and is not now. From discussions elsewhere [Blog: Web Dynpro ABAP Content at TechEd 2010|/people/thomas.jung/blog/2010/08/03/web-dynpro-abap-content-at-teched-2010] it seems that NW7.02 is considered "released" by the development team - so why now take away the link.

I don't understand this stealth approach - I argue constantly for transparency, from SAP, from my own company. This is a classic example of - just do it, no-one will notice, we don't need to tell them.

NW7.02 was previously in ramp-up - but the help was released - why now take it down? - without so much as a message to the users "Sorry, we made a mistake in releasing this to you earlier."

I don't mind if SAP are open and explain that they made an error in releasing the help earlier - that fine - but treating its huge developer community like small children by hiding the sweets out of reach on the top shelf - well - just expect us to react like small children.

If you are able to explain the decision to remove what was previously there - I'd be very interested to understand.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Chris

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well - unfortunately no-one did take the time to respond.

I'm still in the dark as to why SAP would do this - perhaps someone can find out whilst they are in Vegas this week.

But due to the 10 question rule - now time to mark this one as "answered" even if it isn't.

Cheers,

Chris

Well several months later and NW7.02 doco is back... before the unrestricted release of BSI2010 as well

strangely enough this thread appeared top of my list when doing a Google search for "find NW7.02" (seems that some exceptions are now thrown on the ABAP find statement that weren't in the past...) completely off topic, but hey - that's me

Still miffed that I never got a response - but who wants to talk to a winging POM

Cheers,

Chris

Edited by: Chris Paine on Mar 30, 2011 11:51 AM

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Another strange thing is that the SAP NW 7.0 Help still shows the Title as SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EHP2 [here|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/ca/6fbd35746dbd2de10000009b38f889/frameset.htm]