Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM Security for Inetraction Center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am trying to design access for CRM implementation in my project.

I have a scenario where

Ineraction Center Agent is taking a call in the system and then processing the customer details and then create a work order from the CRM Web UI .

Agent clicks the tab on the Web UI and the system opens a new screen in ECC with create work order screen in PM.

My query is which business role should be assigned to the Agent in CRM and

what authorizations does the agent needs in CRM and PM when he creates a work order through that backend interface which integrates CRM and PM.

Thanks in Advance

-Regards

Sam

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAM,

This is a complex question you are throwing.

In your case let us call the user "TEST"

You will have to find the role for the "TEST" user in ECC , I would request you to work with the functional team and trace the objects, find the roles with keywords " SAPCRMINTERCENT* " which has the objects you traced.

Another best way I remember is if you use tcode SPRO go to your functional module, by default SAP would have assigned the interaction centre role( tcode try BP for this- not sure ), copy the "IC BP role" assigned to the SAP delivered- "IC role" modify as per your senario, later remove the default role and assign the copied/Modified role to the IC Business role.

You really need to spend a lot of time on this to find SAP default roles key word is Intercent*.

Make sure TEST user has the "IC" Roles assigned in both CRM & PM.

Regards

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. If I could make it more simpler , the

The scenario which I am working on is like this.

The Agent Rceives the call in Interaction Center, he populates the details in the CRM system and then creates the work order,

incase the work order is existing he amends that.

Now the Work Order will be invoked in a web dynpro screen in CRM , which will be direclty connected to Sap PM at back end.

so logically agent should be having access to all create, edit, TCODES for Work Orders in Sap PM.

But since all this will be done in CRM , the connection between CRM and PM has to be established first and then a CRM user needs to get an authencation in Sap PM. so I want to know how does that happen, does the agent has an ID in PM as well , I am not very clear on how the connection takes place.

This is one of the scenarios like wise we have plenty of scenarios where CRM hits PM and fetches the data and updates it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sam

0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

The process is exactly like the way I explained for the user :

The way in one my clients project we did this is :

you will have trusted connections & SSO configured for the users

based on the authorizations/roles assigned the user will get his access.

Probably I am guessing you have CRM ( JAVA + ABAP ) and SAP PM ( ABAP ) as sepparate systems

and you are logging in CRM and expecting the response from the SAP PM system.

Can you please explain your present landscape?

The probable reason you see the variation now could be

1. Trust does not exist between the systems ( if its two sepparate instances /Systems )

2. ABAP ( SAP PM ) datasource is not reachable from CRM

3. SSO config is also not done.

0 Kudos

Hello Thanks for the answer.

SSO is configured between CRM (ABAP+JAVA) to PM(ABAP)

The Create work Order tab will be visible in CRM Webdynpro Screen and once the agent click it

It will invoke a Screen from Sap PM , where the agent will create, amend, display the work order.

SSO will be configured in the system , where the same agent will be authorised in PM as well.

Do we need to create the same user ID in PM as in CRM, with the work order access.

Thanks a lot for your inputs

Much appreciated.

-Thanks

Sam

0 Kudos

Sam,

I think yes you need to create same user id on both sides and then if you dont want users to login to the back end (PM) directly then just deactviate the passwords on ABAP side.

Thanks,

Sun

0 Kudos

This is exactly what I did in my previous project , my guess was correct.

perfect your question itself is the answer.

Remember any business role mapping required in ABAP(PM) has to be done if its just a "direct role" assign it to the user

and if SSO is perfect you should be able to move forward.

I remember that the assignment was done with the SSO configuration as Consumer + producer configuration

and the roles were assigned using RRA from the Portal.

Regards