cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Enterprise Connector available in SAP Netweaver 7.1 or 7.2?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently i am using SAP Enterprise Connector to generate the java proxy for the RFC calls.

May I know is the feature still available in SAP Netweaver 7.1 or 7.2?

Note: Now i am using SAP Netweaver 7.0.15.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

BJ,

Currently i am using SAP Enterprise Connector to generate the java proxy for the RFC calls.

May I know is the feature still available in SAP Netweaver 7.1 or 7.2?

SAP Enterprise Connector which generates proxy objects are based on JCo and JCo is the base for JCA. JCA must be used for new development. So, I think SAP Enterprise Connector must be available in SAP NW 7.1, although I don't have any document to prove it

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neetesh,

Tx for yr reply and yes, the SAP Enterprise Connector is avail in NW 7.1 cos i just installed it yest.

As mentioned, the proxy objects are generated based on JCo, may I know what kind of JCo version is used for the proxy generatiion? JCo2 or JCo3 or both oso can?

As I know there is JCo3 available nw, if I wnt to use that to generate the proxy objects in NW 7.1, Is it feasible? cos i hv tried to generate the proxy objects using JCo3, however, i got some errors in the proxy objects and hope that you can gv me some clues on this.

Thanks so much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

BJ,

As mentioned, the proxy objects are generated based on JCo, may I know what kind of JCo version is used for the proxy generatiion? JCo2 or JCo3 or both oso can?

You can use both. Please refer SAP Note 549268 for more details.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neetesh,

Tx 4 yr feedback.

I hv read through this SAP note 549268 as well as 1077727 earlier before I posted my query =p

These two sap notes are basically mentioning abt the supported OS platform for JCO2 & JCO3.

I awared of this and rite nw what I am trying to figure out is how do we use SAP Enterprise Connector to generate the proxy objects using JCO3 in SAP NW 7.1. As I know SAP NW 7.1 supports both JCo2 & 3, but how does SAP NW7.1 know which JCo API version to be used for proxy generation? Is there any setting/configuration required in SAP NW7.1?

Pls correct me if any wrong wif my understanding as mentioned above.

Thanks once.

BJ