cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter ID format for dates

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been searching with Google for almost an hour to find how to set a default date for certain date field.

I already have the parameter-ID (QDV ) but when I try to set the date 01.01.2010 or '01.01.2010' in Su3 it doesn't work. The time field is still blank when I go to the transaction (QGC2)

What should the format be to show the date correctly? Also I need a time which will be less than 60 days from current date which means a formula more or less has to be entered to the parameter value. Is this possible? If yes, may you give me a sample? Thanks in advance!

---

Edit: I was able to find the correct format (20100101) but it still does not show up it the field Start time for time axis under western electric rule category of QGC2. I know the format is correct because it worked in QE51. So still have the same problem. How do I display default time in QGC2. And how do I calculate default time when entering in SU3.

Edited by: Aisa Ibrahim on Aug 16, 2010 8:52 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To some extent this depends on the transaction.

But usually, the date format is decided by the user, not the report, PID, or system. The user defines their preferred date format in their user data. From most menus, select System-->User profile -->Own data. A new window pops up, click on the tab labelled Defaults.

You'll find the date format for the user defined here. Change it, save it. Log out and log back in. Changes to the user's own data does not show until the next lineup.

For the date range, most reports allow you to create variants for the transaction. In the variant you define the relative date range to be used.

FF