cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

long runtime for FULL_SYNC Job for Users and Roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

we installed GRC 5.3 as an testsystem and use only RAR (5.3_11.2), Java (J2SDK 1.4.2_26). We have start the Permission Analyze Full sync job for all Users (3590) and Roles (15112). The job runs 5 Weeks!. Now we start the Management Report and he needs 4,5 Minutes per Role!

We have 15112 Roles in the system, if he needs 4,5 minutes per role we are finished end of the year..

Can someone tell us how we can change the performance ?!

Best Regards

Gabriele Herr

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gabriele,

As for the performance.. did you check if you have the configuration parameter "enable offline risk analysis" set to yes. If you do then the batch risk analysis will take significantly longer to complete as the system will make the entries of the risk analysis in the database tables. Also, it depends upon the number of authorizations the users have and according to that it takes longer time to finish risk analysis. More the number of authorizations, more the time it takes to analyze the users. I suggest you follow the general performance related Notes such as 723909, 1044173,1044174 etc. If you will search for SAP Notes based on the criteria "Performance" then you will find plenty of notes in the component GRC-SAC-SCC.

In addition to that, i suggest that when you run batch risk anlaysis you run it for single type of object only at a time..Like at one time only run it for User and then schedule separate job for role and then for profile.. This way it will run considerably faster. For batch risk analysis you do not need to run jobs at both permission and action level. Once you will select the permission level this will automatically carry out the action level analysis. So if you select both action and permission level anlaysis then the action level analysis will be run twice + the permission level anlaysis will be run. If you have SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW profiles assigned to users, then i suggest you list them as critical profiles and then set the parameter "ignore critical roles and profiles" to yes. This will make these profiles to be ignored while conducting batch risk analysis. Also, if you have created JCO connections then make sure that you have the Jco pool size as 100 and the timeout settings set to high value as the values for JCO are in msec.

Also, if you select multiple systems during risk analysis then job will take long time. You would find some more notes on SAP SMP under the area GRC-SAC-SCC for background job performance.

Regards, varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Varun,

thanks for this many information - we will check.

Best Regards

Gabriele Herr

Former Member
0 Kudos

- Varun,

that's a very good explanation regarding the performance. Kudos.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Gabriele,

that is a very unusual performance.

I suggest you have another look at the performance optimization guide ( http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90aa3190-8386-2b10-c4ba-ced67322e... ).

Is your system sized properly? Which database are you using?

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using Organizational Values in your Risk Analysis? It really increases the analysis time. You should only used as a mitigation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

thanks for all this information.

With run in oracle the new statistic we have now a wonderfull performance!!

Best Regards

Gabriele

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Glad to hear that - missing database Indexes are often the reason for bad performance.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I was at a clients site today to fix bad performace. I checked all settings and they seemed to be ok.

Then we ran statistics on the Oracle database. A role that took 15 min to analyze prior statistics, took 15 sec after.

So if you have abnormal performace issues, this is it.

regards,

vit