cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform Different output formats in same language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have a Bulgarian smartform which is translated via SE63 into English.We have a customizing table and according to some fields from there,the customer wants to have the english smartform to have slightly different outputs, no big differences,but for ex some bigger/smaller characters or some fields that should not be displayed.

How can i do this,because the only way to control this is via se63 that has no such option?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look at SE63 translation screen, some constants texts are represented like <F1>пример</ > where <F1> is the character format, so translate it to <F2>example</ > and the text will be printed with another character format.

But it may be easier to check the language code in the Smartforms itself, especially for text that are not to be printed, (if you don't wont to translate text to initial value) or for full variable text (text item without any constant) that don't appear in the translation screen.

Regards,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

The problem is that only if some values in the customizing table are set ,then i have to have another output formats,otherwise not.How can i control this in SE63

something like:

if &table-field& eq 'X'

<F1>blabla

else

<F2> Blabla!

endif

The field that should appear or not can be controlled in the smartform depending on the language,thanks for this advice.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In this case forget SE63, and change the form with SMARTFORMS.

(check language code as CONTROL_PARAMETERS -LANGU)

Regards,

Raymon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm,then the only way to do this,is to hardcode the english text in the bulgarian smartform and call it only when the language is english and the field from that table are set?

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In smartforms you should have conditionnal nodes, use language and other fields in the test, some of those are only printed in bulgarian some only in english, so put a dummy (but clear enough) text in the language which don't print the text (for programmer/translator in the future)

Regards,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Raymond for the information.

In the end,i have created windows for bulgarian and english language and they are called depending on the language.

thanks

Answers (0)