cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Error Message in SAP PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

My scenario in SAP PI 7.1 is like this:

1. If an XML message fails in validation of structure, that is the structure is not as per the message schema or any field contains data that is incorrect as per the business requirement, then SAP PI should not further process the message (i.e. reject the message or mark it as invalid)

2. As soon as the message is marked invalid (as described in point 1), PI will have to automatically generate a error or a failure message containing reasons why the original message falied. The structure of automatic error message should be predefined in PI (e.g. a schema)

My question is, how to achieve the above two scenarios in SAP PI 7.1

Thanks a lot for your immediate reply

Edited by: Chitrabhanu Raychowdhury on Aug 16, 2010 12:45 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
2. As soon as the message is marked invalid (as described in point 1), PI will have to automatically generate a error or a 
failure message containing reasons why the original message falied. The structure of automatic error message should be 
predefined in PI (e.g. a schema)

Once you have implemented XML validation, you will get an error if the file structure is not as per the format stored in PI....like some fields are not populated by source.

An alert can be defined which will be triggered once the file fails validation.

Message is marked as Invalid would mean that the processing is marked as an error.

The error message defined in ALRTCATDEF will be predefined.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> 1. If an XML message fails in validation of structure, that is the structure is not as per the message schema or any field contains data that is incorrect as per the business requirement, then SAP PI should not further process the message (i.e. reject the message or mark it as invalid)

>

implement XML Validation concept,we do have a oppurtunity to validate XML document before picking up,it will check against correct structure.if any the data wrong you can show error at adapter engine level only,we can do this one IE level and AE level.

search in sdn ,there are many documents.

> 2. As soon as the message is marked invalid (as described in point 1), PI will have to automatically generate a error or a failure message containing reasons why the original message falied. The structure of automatic error message should be predefined in PI (e.g. a schema)

>

we can't mark the file invalid using PI i think

> My question is, how to achieve the above two scenarios in SAP PI 7.1

>