cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM MDM Catalog Exception (Relationship with Code 'Related_Item5' does not)

former_member533535
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

W e have SRM MDM catalog version 7.1 (7.1.01.78). We can search Catalogs through search UI with out any error and also Item getting transfered to SRM properly.

In the catalog search the item discription is highlighted as hyper link, when the user clicks on the hyper link we are getting "500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR"

Please find the exception details below.

"The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Relationship with Code 'Related_Item5' does not exist in the repository 'SRM_MDM_Catalog_products_XXXX'

at com.sap.mdm.internal.schema.RepositorySchemaImpl.getRelationship(RepositorySchemaImpl.java:292)

at com.sap.mdm.internal.schema.RepositorySchemaImpl.getRelationshipId(RepositorySchemaImpl.java:303)

at com.sap.mdm.internal.extension.schema.SessionRepositorySchema.getRelationshipId(SessionRepositorySchema.java:277)

at com.sap.srm.mdm.Model.getRelationships(Model.java:2563)

at com.sap.srm.mdm.Model.updateRecordRelationships(Model.java:2688)"

We tried to maintain relation ship in the data manager and there is no option for maintaining relations manually.

Kindly help me if you have come accross this issue.

Regards,

B.N.Karthikeyan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikeyan.

You are getting this exception because the repository and the Catalog UI is not in sync.

The relationship codes for all the three entries has been updated in the latest patch.

Related Item

Parent/Child Item

Substitute Item

Earlier the code for the relationship entry related item was Related_Item5 and now it is changed.

Either you upgrade your repository to the latest or you can manually change the field codes for all the 3 entried in the relationship table. Refer to the Note: 1171711 for detailed information.

Regards

Bala

Edited by: chandar_sap on Aug 16, 2010 4:49 PM

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikeyan.

Any updates on this. Is your issue got solved?

Regards

Bala

former_member533535
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

I raised an OSS message. Just now got reply stating that this is a consulting issue.

They are asking to maintain relationship.

I tried to maintain manually the relation ship in MDM Data manager but there is no option to maintain manually.

Can you please help me out how to maintain manually the rlation ship for the related item code5.

Regards,

B.N.Karthikeyan.

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik.

Yes, it is a configuration change as mentioned in my previous reply.

Launch MDM Console-> Navigate to the MDM Repository->Rightclick UnLoad the repository -> Go to Relationship table

you will find 3 entries in the table.

1. Main/Child Item

2. Related Item

3. Substitute Item

The "FieldCode" attribute for all the three columns need to be changed. Go to the SAP Note: 1171711 you will find a PDF attached to it. In that PDF you will find the new field code for all the 3 relationship entries.

In the repository for the relationship table, select each column and navigate to the attribute detail section below. Enter the new field code (taken from the PDF) for each entry. Save it. Load the repository. Now run the application and check it.

Regards

Bala

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik.

Did you got the issue solved?

Regards

Bala

former_member533535
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

The entry already available in the console for the relation ship table for all three line item as per the new field code mentioned in the PDF.

Regards,

B.N.Karthi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Follow steps in OSS Note 1306025. This should solve your problem.

former_member533535
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have checked as per the OSS note the field code for all the 3 relation ship is maintained.

When I try to click the highlighted Short discription in the catalog search UI I am getting the dump with message "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Relationship with Code 'Related_Item5' does not exist in the repository.."

Can any one help me out in resolving this issue.

How the relation ship of the item is maintained. In the data manager also I could not add any relation ship.

Do I need to maintain the code as MDMSRM_RELATED_ITEM5 instead of the standard MDMSRM_RELATED_ITEM.

Please any one help me.

Regards,

B.N.Karthikeyan.

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikeyan.

The field code "MDMSRM_RELATED_ITEM" is the correct one.

There are few things which you have to cross check.

The repository schema and the catalog application(SCA) should go hand in hand. (i.e) The standard field codes for the relationship code has been modified in SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 and 2.0 in a specific SP and Patch. You can check that.

If that is the case then you are using the updated / latest repository schema with old version of Catalog application(SCA). To overcome that:

1. Update your SRM-MDM Catalog application(SCA) alone to the latest version(Recommended).

2. Change the field codes for the relationship entries to the older ones (**Not recommended** because once you update the latest catalog application, then you have to change your field codes for the relationship table to the latest)

Regards

Bala

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik.

Do you got the issue resolved?

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Is your issue solved,could you please share the solution since i am also facing similar issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sunil