Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

librfc32 documentation

ron_meesters2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am desperately trying to create a RFC server program with Visual Basic 2005. I have linked the library librfc32 to my project. The library is accessible as an IRFC32Lib object. But I can't find no documentation of any kind about it's features and how to use them.

Does somebody has this documentation?

A recent example how to create a RFC server which exchanges tables and can be called via an ABAP function module would also be welcome...

Kinds Regards,

Ron Meesters

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using LIBRFC32 direclty via COM interop is going to be difficult. I strongly recommend using .NET Connector - even if it is not yet available on VS 2005. In the meantime a workarround using VS 2003 exists.

ron_meesters2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have seen the .NET Connector, the samples in it are not usefull for me because they are all C#.

And the only VB samples are... again only from VB to SAP...

When I look at the RFC SDK docs om help.sap.com then I see some explanation how the sequence of commands should be. Could you tell me in which sequence I have to call the VB commands?

I also have found the SAPFunctionsOCX which has some promising features, but once again I am not able to score some documentation.

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP .NET Connector 2.x comes with a whole bunch of samples, each uin both variant, C# and VB.

If you have instelled the connector, you find a simple RFC server in

C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP .NET Connector 2.0\Samples\VBServerSimple

Answers (0)