cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting PPDS PPM to SNP PPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

On converting a PPDS PPM to an SNP PPM which has multiple activities(operations). Is there a way to generate the SNP PPM the same number of activities included in the PPDS PPM to capture one Resource for each SNP PPM. Or it has to be converted multiple times?

Thanks.

Edited by: Wilian Segatto on Aug 18, 2010 3:19 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am not clear with the query ,could you please explain it with some example data.Are you talkig abt alternative mode ?

Thanks and Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below is an example:

PP/DS PPM A

Activity 1 - Resource A

Activity 2 - Resource B

Activity 3 - Resource C

If PP/DS PPM is set-up like the example above, can this be converted to 3 different PPMs for the 3 different resources in one conversion? Or i would need to do the conversion three times to generate the SNP PPMs (examples below)?

SNP PPM 1A

Activity 1 - Resource A

SNP PPM 1B

Activity 1 - Resource B

SNP PPM 1C

Activity 1 - Resource C

SNP PPMs are set-up per resource to monitor utilization and capacity per resource. Also, resources are set up per production line in ERP.

Thanks

Edited by: pipsquik on Aug 17, 2010 3:03 AM

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

In TCode /SAPAPO/PPM_CONV_310 - SNP PPM Generation With Lot Size Margin use the setting of lowest mode priority as 'O' or manual selection only if SNP PPMs are generated manually ,it should generate multiple SNP PPM automatically based on modes in PPDS PPM.

Regards,

Digambar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Digambar,

I've tried to define the priority as O upon generation but there was only one SNP PPM that was generated(with one mode). But the mode contained all of the resources.

SNP PPM A

Activity 1 - Mode 1 - Resource 1A, Resource 2A, Resource 3A

Just to add, if generation will be based on modes. The current PPDS PPM contains only 1 mode per Activity. Can this be the reason why only one PPM was generated?

To illustrate:

PPDS PPM A

Activity 1 - Mode 1 - Resource 1

Activity 2 - Mode 1 - Resource 2

Activity 3 - Mode 1 - Resource 3

Thanks.

Edited by: pipsquik on Aug 19, 2010 3:38 AM

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

The solution I am referring is the standard SAP functionality of multiple SNP PPM generation.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm41/helpdata/en/27/9bb83b5b831f3be10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Also please try it with alternate sequences in R/3.

Refer OSS note 448085 PPM Transfer Tips and Tricks

Regards,

Digambar

Edited by: Digambar Narkhede on Aug 23, 2010 8:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Based on my testing, the multiple SNP PPM generation from the SNP PPM Generation: Define Mode Combinations will generate multiple ppms if max number is not 0 and if there are multiple modes within the same activity. But our PPMs have multiple activities with only 1 mode per activity. so the result is:

SNP PPM A

Activity 1

Mode 1 - Resource A

Resources: Resource A, Resource B, Resource C (all have the same bucket consumption)

I hope there is a way to generate multiple SNP PPMs since we create PPMs per resource(based on my example above i should have 3 different PPMs) to consider capacity of each resource.

Thanks.

Answers (0)