Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM and Data Services Integration Scenarios - Part I: Advanced Consolidatio

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to build MDM and Data Services Integration Scenarios - Part I: Advanced Consolidation. I understand For the DB View creation, SAP provides a special tool which does the creation for you. What is this tool?? Where this will be available? Whom should I write?

Can I directly create DB view using Database 'CREATE VIEW' command??

Cheers,

Rc

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

SQL Studio is a tool for creating and changing database objects such as tables, views, and so on, and for creating and executing SQL statements. However, SAP recommends that you use the VBMAKE tool to create the SQL Studio software, and that you follow the procedure described under Creating the SQL Studio Software.

For more details please refer page 10 onwards, [Source Code for Tools: SAP DB|http://www.sapdb.org/develop/pdf/webquellcodeinst_eng.pdf]

Hope it helps..

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

Thanks for your reply. Is it necessary to use this tool??

Should I directly create view by using commands? i am on Oracle database.

Cheers,

Rc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rc

in one of the MDM ramp up projects development of the DB view was done by SAP DB architect. DB level data storage and table structure is very complicated to understand.

Another thing to note is that the DB views are deployed on the slave repositories for performace issues.

hope this littel info helps-Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Please go through these links.

/people/markus.ganser/blog/2009/04/20/sap-business-objects-and-sap-netweaver-mdm--bringing-together-the-best-of-two-worlds

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPMDM/IntegratingSAPNetWeaverMDMwithSAPBusinessObjectsDataServices

Hope it help you to build scenarios.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu