Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATS Confirmation

former_member214674
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want system to return an error message while activity confirmation through CAT5 if my planned hours are less than actual hours. Is there any settings in configuration or can i achieve this functionality thru any BADI etc...

Thanks & Regards

Abhinay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member214674
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your valuable inputs. Issue is resolved by using exist as mentioned above.

Thanks once again!!

BR, Abhinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There isnt any error message setting for the confirmation using CATS or Network confirmation.You get a warning but still you be able to proceed. Since in many cases the planned work will be less than the actual work i.e in case of civil engineering the example can be considered. Where in 100 m3 of soil has to be excavated/removed this will be planned. But they will remove 250 m3. Hence you will get the warning message not the error one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinay,

In OPST, Network Order Type and Plant combination (i.e., Order Type+Plant) screen

Just check the Work Deviation check box but don't enter any value in the work deviation field.

Once you do the above changes and try your CATS scenario.

You can get the warning message like "Actual work + remaining work exceeds planned work"

Pl. let me know the whether it fulfilled your requirement.

Best Regards,

Vemula

Edited by: Vemula.PS on Aug 23, 2010 10:35 AM

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check exit suggested by Gokul. It should work.

WIth Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try the exit CATS0003 or use the tcode OPST as Virendra has suggested. In OPST you can maintain Work deviation and Duration deviation. There are some pre-requisites before you can use this functionality. Read the F1 help for details.

Regards,

Gokul

former_member214674
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Virendra and Gokul for quick response.

Actually I've configured OPST but it gives only warning message at CN25. Moreover when I tried to transfer hours using CAT5, there is no warning message and activities were confirmed. So I need to check the exit and will respond back soon.

thanks.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is the correct behaviour for OPST - it only gives warning - You could change the message to error via message control but that would be a modification - else you can activate workflow for someone to be informed.

Not sure why you need an error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try using BS22 ->put cursor on I0009(CNF) -> goto->Transaction control->set rellevant transaction to "forbidd".

I hav'nt try it yet but carfull you modify conf. to system status (I think its a workbench request)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would not do what Nir is proposing - If you mess around with system status then any other module using that system status will also get messed up.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agrred with Virendra. Change in system status is having significant consequenses across SAP. It could be one of option but not to be used till the time it is inevitable.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Certainly right, that is the reasson for my worning... however, this could be a convenient solution if achieving a general agreement with other modules.

Best Regards,

Nir

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use OPST

or

CATS exit on save after time is entered