cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office Control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I did not find proper documentation about using office control in Web dynpro ABAP.I want to create a MS word document using

Web dynpro ABAP.Could anyone post the steps needed to do this.Esp,how to add data to the word doc.

Thanks and Regards,

Aditya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

It might not answer all of your questions, but have you studied the SAP samples in the package sios?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thomas,

Thanks for the reply . Yes I did go through the examples in SIOS.But , there are various things which are not clear.

Like what does SETFIELDS method of IF_IOS_WORDPROCESSING does.

What is tabulator,endof line,fieldsptr etc.

If you have any info on all these . pls clarify and also let me knw the general steps to be followed for WORD documents.

And also expert mode and non-expert mode.

Thanks and regards,

Aditya.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Expert mode is described in the online help:

● expertMode

Expert mode for complex operations (methods contained in the interfaces). If you set this property to true, additional method calls are available.

You receive a factory from the OfficeControl:

wd_this->factory ?= office->_method_handler.

This factory is able to generate the relevant proxies. The corresponding methods can then be called using the proxy in question.

Application developers work with the interfaces only; classes are created automatically by Web Dynpro.

The released interfaces are in the sios package:

These are generic interfaces for front ends (Web Dynpro ABAP, in Web Dynpro Java they are implemented accordingly).

○ IF_IOS_FACTORY

Factory for creating all required proxies.

Not all methods are available for Web Dynpro. The if_ios_factory~set* methods are automatically called by Web Dynpro and thus cannot be used for Web Dynpro, since an exception would be thrown.

○ IF_IOS_DOCUMENT

Basic operations performed on documents.

○ IF_IOS_ENVIRONMENT

Information on the environment such as inplace, outplace, activate tracing, and ascertain available applications in the current client.

Each interface method automatically raises an exception if there is an error.

Each interface is assigned its own exception class: IF_IOS_DOCUMENT : CX_IOS_DOCUMENT.

These all derive from CX_IOS_EXCEPTION. The error text can be found in IF_T100_MESSAGE. The base class offers methods for reading this text.